{68}✔️

Dahlia's POV
************

The rest of the trip seemed to fly by. We all did all the activities we could out in the snow and spent quality time together, and then when it was time to pack up and go home everyone was bummed out but super excited. Christmas was tomorrow and none of us could wait for it! We'd already opened a lot of gifts yesterday because we won't all get to see each other tomorrow, and now I guess we're all just excited to get to the rest tomorrow.

I'm kinda bummed I won't get to see Billie tomorrow. I know I just took a whole two week trip with her, but I just feel like I can't get enough of her. I was already attached to her, but ever since our date and our 'I love yous' it's as if every second that I'm not with her is torture.

Yuck. That's literally so gross and cliche, but it's how I feel.

I hope I'm not too clingy and I hope I don't end up scaring her away because of how much I wanna be around her, but for now, it seems as if she feels the same way. She can't seem to keep her hands off me, and I love that.

After everything that went down between Denver, Hudson, and Julia, the rest of the trip was fairly peaceful and drama free. I talked to Denver about it a couple of days ago and he said that he and Julia had broken up as well as him and Hudson. He didn't want to be with Julia anymore for obvious reasons, and he and Hudson had mutually decided that their relationship wasn't and would never be all that great. They're just not on the same wavelengths.

Hudson had been afraid that I'd stop being his friend because of everything that happened between him and my brother, but I made sure to reassure him that I wouldn't. We've only been friends for a short time, but I really enjoy him and his company and I wouldn't just push him out of my life because of what happened with him and Denver. Besides, they'd agreed to stay friends too.

Denver ended up coming out to everyone a few days after the fight. He said he didn't wanna have to hide it anymore, and it was pointless to keep trying because more and more people were starting to figure it out. I'm really proud of him for that. He told me he wasn't very scared to come out after our talk in the bathroom a while back. He said knowing that he had my support gave him the courage to do it, and I'm really happy about that.

"This hot chocolate is fire." I grinned after drinking as much as I could without burning the hell out of my tongue. I let out a long sigh as I wiped my mouth and then looked at Billie who was already looking at me.

"I love you." She told me once again.

I giggled shyly and looked down. "I love you too."

"This is disgusting." Caden whispered. I glared at him as Ken giggled and shook her head.

"I think this is very cute of them." Gigi told him. I sighed and rested my chin on my palm as I leaned forward, staring at him. His accent is adorable.

"Nothing is cuter than you." Cadence poked his nose and swooned as he let out a loud, cute laugh. Billie popped my thigh under the table to get me to stop staring at him.

"Instead of drooling over him, why don't you take a look at your dad and Aunt Josephine." She whispered. I glanced in their direction and nearly squealed as I saw their hands intertwined, resting on their table.

"My god, I hope they have a spring wedding. Outdoors." Cadence muttered. I quickly disagreed. "What, so they can get stung by bees, sneeze through their vows and sweat through their clothes? Absolutely not. What they need is a winter wedding. Like Phoebe and Mike from friends." I grinned as I thought about it.

"Ew. If they have a winter wedding everything will be rushed because no ones gonna wanna stay outside for that long freezing their asses off. What about fall?"

"Fall might just be perfect, but there's already so much going on in the fall—"

"You two will have plenty of time to plan their wedding later, seeing as they probably won't be getting married for another couple of years if then." Billie laughed.

"I guess," I pouted. It was silent for a moment before I tapped on Cadence's shoulder. "What kind of flowers do you think they'd like at their wedding? Ooh! What kind of theme?"

***

After leaving the breakfast buffet we'd stopped in on, we were back on the road. Everyone was pretty tired since we'd had to get up and head out so early, so it was mostly quiet in the car. Billie held my hand as she drove slowly, the icy road preventing us from picking up any real speed. The radio played softly and that was about the only sound that filled the car other than the snoring coming from the twins and Kai.

I busied myself with my phone, checking all my social media. I really hadn't used my phone that much on this trip, and I'm very proud of that. I'd taken who knows how many pictures while we were there, though, and I need to sort through those and see which ones I like enough to post.

After catching up on Twitter and Instagram, I decided to do that. Billie must've looked over and seen that.

"Don't permanently delete anything until I see it. You always end up deleting the cutest pictures of you." She pouted.

I rolled my eyes. "You always think the ugliest pictures of me are cute."

"Ugly pictures? Of you? Doesn't sound correct." She smirked. "You're gonna flip when you see what I got you for Christmas, though."

"You've already gotten me so much more than I deserved. After this, I want exactly nothing from you all the way up until next Christmas."

"After your birthday I won't get you anything...For a week." She muttered. I reached over to flick her forehead and then sighed.  "Well...Tell me what it is!"

"No."

"Why the hell do you keep mentioning my oh so amazing gift if you absolutely refuse to tell me what it is?" I whined.

"Because I want you to suffer."

"Well, I have to take it to my house to set it under the tree anyway. I'll just open it tonight." I smirked.

"I already asked your dad, Denny, and Cora to make sure you don't. Cora promised to use her nunchucks on you if you even tried to open it...I did not know she had nunchucks."

"Yeah," I winced. "She does. You know she used to take Karate and Taekwondo. I always wished I could."

"Why didn't you?"

"I'm a weakling."

"You should try to take a class some time." She grinned. "You'd look cute in a karate 'fit."

"I know, right?"

************

A/N: Proofreading is (sometimes) the bane of my existence and the reason why I don't update as frequently as I actually could. Tssssssskkkkk.