23.

nobody's pov
march 6th
9:30 am

"lee minho, it's so good to have you back." changbin teased the elder who glared at him, closing his locker as he turned to him.

"i will cough on you and get you sick." the elder threatened, leaning against his locker as he clutched his binder, "i don't even wanna fucking be here but my parents said if i can have jisung over and be laughing, then i have to go to school."

"where is jisung anyway?" felix asked, looking around the hallway, "he's not here."

"what if he's beating up hyunjin right now?" changbin laughed at the theory, "that would be funny as hell."

minho rolled his eyes, shaking his head, "i don't think hyunjin would be dumb enough to stay in clear sight where jisung would find him to beat his ass."

"true." changbin nodded his head, "anyway, where is he?"

minho let out a sigh, shrugging his shoulders, "we got into a fight this morning and he told me he didn't want to be near me."

felix and changbin quickly let go of each other, looking at each other with widened eyes and back at minho.

"a fight over what?" felix asked, raising his eyebrows from shock.

"it was really fucking stupid." minho sighed, "it was basically over our status, relationship wise." minho looked down at the floor, "he said this entire time we've been together, we've acted like a couple, and it's obvious we both know how we feel about each other without having to directly tell each other, so why not date already?" minho then looked up at his two friends, "i told him i wasn't ready and i needed time to think about it and he said you're never going to be ready for anything this world has prepared for you, so why not just take the risk already and i told him i'm scared and he got upset and told me i'm never scared to tell him i love him, or hold his hand, or kiss his face, or wrap my arms around him," the elder sighed, "eventually he said that he doesn't want to be near me and that if i really need time, to take all the time i need, but don't expect him to be waiting the entire time."

"but, your promise?" felix questioned in a sad tone, "he can't just give up on your promise."

"he told me to forget the promise for as long as i want to keep him hurting by making him wait." minho responded, "so basically, me wanting to become official by doing something cliche and memorable has fucked up our relationship and him being willing to wait, considering he doesn't want to wait anymore."

"how the fuck are you two going to break up without having a relationship to break up?" changbin furrowed his eyebrows, "that's not allowed."

the three boys were interrupted with another boy walking by, moving through the three boys just to get to his locker and open it. "i'm sure you've already told them, huh?" jisung asked, unlocking his locker.

minho looked at the younger and sighed, fixing his stuff and walking away from the group, going to find his other group of friends. jisung looked at the boy and rolled his eyes, shaking his head.

"why are you two willing to put each other through hell?" felix asked, breaking the silence, "you guys have a hard enough time being away from each other. not talking to each other will only make it worse."

jisung looked at his lock, pulling down on it and holding it in his hand, "i don't know. maybe i'm being selfish by forcing him to be with me already." jisung sighed, "i just want him to be mine."

"of course we understand that, but you two are already each other's without some dumbass title." changbin responded, "now who are you gonna ask for homework?"

jisung softly laughed at changbin's last sentence, "i should probably talk to him about it."

"you better, because i'm not about to see minsung break up right before my eyes." felix sassed the elder, who flashed a soft smile.

jisung nodded his head, "i'll talk to him later and tell him i was being selfish, but for now, we should get to class before our asses get beat."

"i'm really not ready for the wrath of mr.song but i guess." changbin groaned out, wrapping an arm around felix.

"let's bounce." felix said while pointing finger guns at jisung who gave him a disgusted look.

jisung stared at the younger, closing his locker shut and shaking his head, "never say that ever again."