166.

nobody's pov
june 6th
7:00 pm

it was officially the night of woojin and chan's graduation. the boys friends were sat in the bleachers, as they were sat in the football field on chairs.

"this is it." chan whispered to woojin who was sitting next to him and holding his hand, "we really made it."

woojin smiled at the younger, leaning over and kissing his cheek, "we did it together."

bambam looked over at the two, waving in front of their faces, "am i invisible?"

yugyeom laughed at bambam, pulling him back, "chill, let them have a moment."

the two boys looked over, laughing at bambam. chan placed a hand on top of bambam's shoulder, "us four did it together."

the four boys were then cut off by their principal talking, introducing the graduating class. as the principal was talking, soojin poked minho in his side, pointing at the field, "that would be you if you didn't miss a year for your boyfriend."

minho looked over at the girl, flicking her forehead. soojin started laughing, resting her head on the boy's shoulder. jisung looked over, smiling at the two. the younger boy grabbed minho's hand, resting his head on the boy's free shoulder. minho turned to jisung, kissing the boy's forehead.

the group of friends listened to the principal's speech, having small side conversations in between. once the speech finished, the principal and certain teachers called up students one by one to get their diploma- which felt like forever.

"what next?" hyunsoo questioned, looking up at jisung and minho.

"next are the people who give speeches." jisung responded, "i heard it was only one this year."

"wait, shut up." changbin told the boy, "is chan giving the speech?"

hyunjin looked at the boy walking up to the podium, letting out a gasp, "he never told us he was giving the speech."

"top ten anime betrayals." felix mumbled under his breath, shaking his head.

jeongin hushed the others, "i wanna hear his speech."

the group then became quiet, as they turned their attention to chan, interested in what his speech was.

chan turned his attention to the crowd and students, greeting them before starting his speech. the boy then cleared his throat, "honestly, what i wrote was something that seemed to be educated, telling people that high school would be the best four years, but i'm not going to go off that." the boy confessed, putting away his script, "being honest, these past four years were a rollercoaster to me. i experienced my friends fighting, my friends getting into trouble and doing things they shouldn't be doing, along with relationships being broken up and then getting back together-"

"he's talking about us." minho whispered to jisung who laughed and covered his boyfriends mouth.

"i experienced fear, and thinking i wouldn't be good enough. i've stressed so much over my future and who i am, and if i would even make it somewhere in life. i stressed out over my friends, worrying about them whenever something would go bad. throughout that time, i realized, high school isn't perfect, and this won't be the best four years of your life." he explained, "you're bound to experience rough reality throughout these years. dealing with friendships, relationships, grades, family life, and discovering yourself while you're at it. it's a struggle, really." the boy paused, "but being with my friends made me feel safe and secure. of course, they're really dumb and sometimes make bad decisions, but they never fail to make me laugh. whenever something was wrong, i could count on them to be there to fix it, and help each other throughout the process." he softly smiled to himself, "high school isn't just about finding yourself, it's also about finding where you belong. you're going to experience switches of friend groups, and meeting new people, along with losing ones you loved the most- but one thing i've learned, is the real ones always stay and will never leave your side." chan looked up at the crowd in the bleachers, "and yeah, i'm sad as hell to be leaving the ones i loved taking care of, but i trust that they'll be good their senior year, and that they'll make the right decisions." he smiled at the group which waved at them, "and even if they don't, they always know they can come to me, as i'll be their forever home." chan turned back to the crowd on the football field, "so, in reality, high school is a rollercoaster, a very wild one. these four years will be a crazy experience, and you'll sometimes feel lost and confused along the way- but never forget that everyone has a home. even if you think your home is broken, you can always trust the counselors here- because surprisingly, they're good at their job." the boy laughed, which made the crowd laugh, "and if you don't feel comfortable with the counselors, just know that this school is pretty good, and the students are very sweet and willing to help. the feeling of loneliness sucks, but i can promise to everyone right now, that you'll never be alone and you will always have a shoulder to cry on."

chan then took a moment, a short breath to collect himself, "so, as high school goes on, you'll experience many things. but one thing to never forget is that your home is always going to be within the ones you love the most, and they'll always be there to encourage you." he spoke, "so remember to appreciate those around you, appreciate your friends, the teachers, the staff, the other students, and appreciate yourself. because you're the one person you've been with your entire life, so start appreciating yourself now, and take it easy on yourself. those failed tests and assignments won't matter in the future, because college is your start over time. however, don't take high school as an opportunity to mess around, because it's not. try your best, and never give up." the boy smiled at the crowd, "so, good luck to the next classes, and congratulations to all my fellow seniors, we did it."

chan then lead the graduating class in standing up and moving their tassels from the right side, to the left. once all tassels were moved to the left, chan told another, "congratulations graduating class." before cheers were heard from the students as all caps were thrown in the air.

"they did it." seungmin smiled at the crowd.

"fuck you guys, i'm running down there to give them hugs." changbin said before getting up from the bleachers and running down the stairs.

"wait up!" felix called out, laughing as he ran after his boyfriend.

the group then followed, running down onto the field and swerving in and out of families. once the group made it, chan and woojin were attacked with hugs by the group.

"let hyunsoo in!" the younger boy called out, pushing through the group and hugging both woojin and chan.

minho smiled at the younger, before pulling away from the boy's, "how does it feel to be graduated?"

"amazing." woojin responded, once he gave everyone their hugs, "i'm finally done with high school."

"this will be you guys next year." chan smiled, "and whatever you do, don't you dare mess up or ruin anything senior year."

jisung laughed at the boy, nodding his head, "you got it."

"hey, wait, i have a question." felix spoke up, "who's in charge of the group next year?"

"seungmin." woojin and chan both said at the same time.

"really?" the boy gasped, "that's right fuckers, i'm in charge."

"and hyunjin is second in charge." woojin added on.

"ay." hyunjin gave his boyfriend a high five, "we're in charge."

"you guys better not do anything bad while we're not here though." chan scolded the boys, "be good, and do your best."

"we will, chan." jeongin smiled at the boy, "i'm so proud of you both, and we love you."

woojin smiled at the group, pulling them back into a hug, "and we love you all just as much."

authors note:
highkey tripped out because i had dejavu while writing this