103.

nobody's pov
may 7th
12:00 pm

the past weekend for jian and hyunsoo had been amazing, as they spent so much time together and got closer than before. jian was even able to convince his mom to stay the entire weekend with hyunsoo since he didn't want to leave him. however, the weekend was over, and it was now tuesday afternoon. it was lunch for jian and hyunsoo, and the two boys were hanging together by a tree, searching for lady bugs since it was spring time. as hyunsoo was searching, he found a flower that reminded him of jian, considering it was beautiful like him. hyunsoo smiled softly, picking the flower from the ground and jogging over to jian, "ji, i got you this flower!" he smiled, "i hope you like it."

jian looked up at hyunsoo, smiling at him as he stood up, "thank you, hyunnie." the boy admired the flower, "it's so pretty!"

"l-like you." hyunsoo nervously smiled, looking down at the grass.

jian giggled at hyunsoo, kissing the younger's cheek, "thank you for the pretty flower, hyunnie."

"ew, did you just kiss his cheek?" a group of boys approached jian and hyunsoo, two of them giving them disgusted looks.

"and if i did?" jian sassed the boy that said those words, "he gave me a flower, so i must thank him."

one of the boys from the back peered out, walking up to jian and taking the flower out of his hands, "this?" the boy laughed, glancing over at hyunsoo, "what are you, gay?" the boy moved closer, throwing the flower onto the ground and stomping on it, "didn't mommy and daddy teach you that being gay is wrong?"

jian stepped in front of hyunsoo, putting a hand behind his back to hold hyunsoo's and give him comfort, "don't mess with my hyunnie, phan." jian furrowed his eyebrows, "being gay isn't a problem, but the way you were raised is."

"we were raised to be straight, just like you and hyunsoo should've been raised." phan shot back, "you're disgusting."

hyunsoo felt tears form in his eyes, as this was his worst fear. the boy looked down at the grass, feeling ashamed for who he was. jian held the boy's hand tighter, indirectly telling him its okay and he's there.

"look at that, the homosexual is crying." phan's friend, jax, laughed, "what a baby."

jian looked back at hyunsoo, as his expression softened up seeing him cry. jian turned himself, whispering to hyunsoo, "it's okay, hyunnie. you're not alone."

tuah, who was the more quiet one of the three boys, felt heartbreak for jian and hyunsoo, as he believed they shouldn't be faced with such hatred. the boy decided he couldn't stand for jax and phan, pushing past them as he went to hyunsoo and looked down at the boy, "are you okay, hyunsoo?"

hyunsoo shook his head, letting go of jian's hand as he pushed past both jian and tuah, running to the nurses office as all he really wanted to do was go home and be with his sister, who he knew would accept him no matter what.

"hyunsoo!" jian called out, watching the boy run off. the elder boy then turned to the other boys that were teasing the younger, "you guys are real assholes, and i'm so glad i'm no longer friends with you."

"and we're glad we're no longer friends with a gay." phan laughed, "disgusting."

"and if he's gay?" tuah questioned, "why do his interests concern you?" he furrowed his eyebrows, "why do hyunsoo's interests concern you?" tuah crossed his arms, "let them be happy, it's not that hard."