92.

nobody's pov
april 20th
9:30 pm

soojin put her phone away into her purse, once she saw the car pull up in her driveway. the girl walked to the car, only to get stopped by the person driving it as he got out and walked around, opening the passenger door for her. soojin giggled at the fact, "thank you, mingyu." the girl said as she got into the passengers seat. mingyu nodded his head, closing her door for her and walking around, getting into the drivers seat.

the boy drove the two to the party which was a couple miles away from soojin's house, but mingyu didn't mind spending miles on the girl. once the two arrived at the house, mingyu parked his car in front of the house, getting out and helping soojin get out. the boy locked his car as they walked up to the door, going inside the party together.

soojin looked around, seeing if she'd recognize anybody's face. "fuck, why is she here?" the girl mentally cursed in her head, suddenly feeling anxious.

"hey, soo, what's wrong?" mingyu questioned the girl, noticing her anxiousness.

soojin continued to look in the direction of her ex, zoning out. mingyu turned his attention to where soojin was looking, realizing that it was her ex who was here. mingyu grabbed the girl's hand, "it's okay, i got you."

soojin snapped out of her zoned out self, looking down at their hands and softly smiling, as she felt more relaxed with their hands intertwined. mingyu lead the girl the opposite way from her ex, as he wanted her to be more comfortable and feel safer.

"do you want anything to drink?" mingyu asked the girl, who thought about it for a second.

"surprise me." soojin smiled, "but don't go too crazy, i'm a lightweight!"

mingyu laughed at the girl, nodding his head as he walked away to the drink station which was close to them. soojin went on her phone as a distraction, as she didn't really feel like spending her night with anyone besides mingyu.

the boy came back, with water in one hand and soojin's drink in the other. the girl quickly got off her phone, grabbing her drink from mingyu, "thank you." she said, pausing as she saw mingyu's drink, "you're not gonna have anything?"

"no, i'm driving." mingyu shook his head, "i'm trying to get you home safely."

soojin smiled at how selfless mingyu was, taking a sip of her drink which surprised her considering she liked it, "what is this? it's good."

"a vodka strawberry lemonade." mingyu responded, "i wasn't sure what to get you, but i didn't want it to be too strong for you."

"thank you." the girl said, catching herself smiling again.

mingyu nodded his head, taking a sip of his water. the two talked for a while as they finished their drinks. once their drinks were gone, mingyu invited the girl outside for some fresh air. soojin decided to join the boy, grabbing his hand before joining him outside. the two wandered to a more secluded place, sitting by a tree together.

"thank you for agreeing to come out with me tonight." mingyu spoke up, thanking the younger.

"of course, mingyu." soojin responded, glancing over at the boy, "thank you for taking me out and making this week better."

as the two started to get into another conversation, they were joined by an unwanted presence.

"so this is the guy you decided to move on from me with?" soojin's ex asked, looking over at mingyu, "she's too ugly for you, why would you stoop so low?"

mingyu stood up, which resulted into soojin standing up as she started to beg mingyu not to say anything and to leave it. mingyu shook his head, "zo, leave her alone." mingyu rolled his eyes, pulling soojin closer to him, "she's beautiful, and you obviously know that because you dated her and told her such."