144.

nobody's pov
may 26th
2:00 am

hyunsoo was spending the night at jian's house, for the second time. this was still new to hyunsoo, as the boy still had his fear of sleeping over at other people's houses. the first time sleeping at jian's house went well, but this time, wasn't.

hyunsoo woke up in cold sweat, tears in his eyes from the nightmare he had. the boy looked over, seeing jian asleep. hyunsoo felt bad about wanting to wake up jian, but he really didn't want to be awake alone.

"ji.." hyunsoo softly called out to the elder, shaking him awake, "wake up, please."

the elder boy silently groaned out, slowly opening his eyes as he let out a yawn. hyunsoo looked at jian with tears in his eyes, as he waited for the elder to fully wake up. jian reached a hand out, holding onto hyunsoo's hand.

"bubba, why are you shaking?" jian questioned, using his other hand to reach over and turn on his lamp light. jian turned back to hyunsoo, seeing the tears in his eyes, which made him quickly sit up as he pulled hyunsoo into his arms, "what's wrong, bub?"

"i'm scared." hyunsoo responded into jian's neck, "i feel very overwhelmed."

"why, hyunnie?" the elder boy asked, looking at the younger with concerned eyes.

"i had a bad dream." he pouted, pulling away from jian, "now i'm scared of falling asleep."

jian held both of hyunsoo's hands, "i'll stay up with you, hyunnie." the elder said, "i'll wait until you fall asleep, and make sure you feel protected."

"a-are you sure?" hyunsoo softly questioned, "you need your rest, too."

jian nodded his head, "i already got my rest, hyunnie. besides, making sure you're asleep and okay is more important to me."

"okay, ji." the younger tried his best to smile, "thank you."

"you're welcome, bubba." jian smiled, "do you want one of my hoodies so you're safer and warmer?"

"pretty please?" hyunsoo gave jian puppy dog eyes, even though the elder was the one who suggested and obviously wasn't gonna say no.

the elder boy laughed at the younger, as he moved him off of him so he could get up. the younger boy watched the elder boy look through his closet and grab a hoodie. jian walked back to hyunsoo, telling the boy to raise his arms. the elder boy then helped hyunsoo put on his hoodie, slipping it over his torso and taking the hood off the boy's head.

"do you want to talk about your dream, hyunnie?" jian questioned the boy, running his hands through his hair while remaining in front of him.

"you're gonna make fun of me." hyunsoo whined, "it's dumb."

"i'm not gonna make fun of you." jian shook his head, "you know i'm not mean."

the younger sighed out, patting on the bed for jian to sit. the boy sat down next to hyunsoo, laying against his pillows, "so what's up, hyunnie?"

"it's dumb." he pouted, "but, basically, i had a dream about jax and phan. you were in it too." he started to explain, "and, we were good. you liked me, i liked you, just like how it is now."

jian nodded his head, listening to the younger as he continued on with his story.

"anyways, jax and phan started bullying us again." he said as tears formed in his eyes once again, "a-and, as they continued to bully us, you realized you weren't into boys and you never liked me to begin with." the boy paused, "s-so, you started bullying me too, a-and just basically cut off all ties with me."