Chapter 10 Stay in Stay Out

"Is Jake up?" Nick asked as Erika entered to "office" located in what would be a garage; Erika took a sip of her coffee before speaking "Kinda, he's not going to Set though" She informed him, Nick frowned a bit, "What happened yesterday? Did Jake tell you what his doctor said?" Nick asked staring at Erika whom had started typing away on her computer, "No, we stayed at the hospital for a while, he was there till dark, his brother took him home" Erika explained, "Logan?" Nick questioned, "He only has one brother" She replied.

Nick turned his attention back to his work, he felt slightly guilty for not going to see Jake in the hospital, but if it wasn't that bad, he shouldn't feel too guilty, although, even though Jake was released back home after fainting, it was odd for him to purposely miss a day of work, even if it was tiring and stressful at times, Jake thrived building his business.

"What's up party people?" Kade asked before yawning, he strutted lazily into the office sitting in his chair, getting to work on editing some footage for Jake, "Sup?" Erika said, "Good morning" Nick spoke up, "So uh," Kade said clearing his throat, "Is Jake here Erika?" He asked carefully, "Why do you guys keep asking me about Jake? An I his keeper?" Erika said rolling her eyes, "Why so grumpy?" Nick asked her, Erika sighed, "Because unlike you guys, I stayed up pretty late to see if he was going to be able to come home" Erika said yawning after, "And....?" Kade questioned trailing off, "He's home" Erika said dryly, "Where is he then? I thought he would have been up before us" Kade said scratching his head, "He's not going to Set today, so I'd guess he's still sleeping" Nick said, Kade widened his eyes in shock, before focusing back on editing, "Well I hope he explains something about what happened..." Kade said furrowing his brows; It seemed a little empty in the house not hearing Jake vlogging before going off to work, or waking up the rachets...

Jake had got up on habit a few times, wanting to go to work, but remembering the events of the other day, from his fatigued feeling and his bruises from hitting the ground, he laid back down it bed sleeping through his alarms, he'd told Erika to call in sick for him earlier, so he could heed his doctors warning.

Jake finally woke up and stayed up at 9:00am, the sun was already peeking through his closed curtains beckoning him to get up, and he already heard his friends voices downstairs; Jake say up on the side of his bed, working his feet into some slippers, while wiping the sleep out of his eyes, he felt a little better sleeping in physically, but in his mind that worried him, he couldn't call in sick forever, and he sure as heck couldn't wake up at 9 all the time, he was a business man, there were so many things he needed to do, so many goals to reach, and he couldn't reach them sleeping in.

Jake meandered to his bathroom, he went to wash his face first, before hearing his phone buzz, he grabbed it to see if it was another alarm, before realizing it was Logan calling him, Jake arched a eyebrow before answering.

"Yo?" Jake said his voice dragging out, his normal squeaky/nasally
a little deeper from just getting up, "Hey bro? Where have you been?" Logan questioned sounding a bit relieved, "No where? I just got up" Jake dryly chuckled, half expecting for Logan to mock him for it, they were both hard workers and almost always competing with each other, a slip up like that would get you labeled as "Not wanting it" or "Lazy".

"Oh..." Logan replied with disappointment shocking his brother, "Logan what's up dude? What's wrong?" Jake asked frowning as he shuffled around his room a bit still on the phone, "Nothing, I was just checking in" Logan said quickly faking more of a bounce to his voice,
Jake was silent for a moment before he realized what was happening.

"Is this about the hospital?" Jake asked, Logan tensed up, he'd been calling Jake since he woke up, he tried to space the calls to not look desperate, but with each missed call, he wondered if something happened to him, he hadn't really gotten over Jake falling and being out cold in the hospital for hours, no matter how chill he tried seem he was worried about his little brothers health.

"The hospital? No! I was just saying what's up, and wanted to see if you wanted to collab today" Logan said, "Oh...Well, sorry I can't bro, I won't be high energy, I'm not even doing a big vlog for myself, I'm just doing a reaction video bro" Jake told him, feeling a bit embarrassed even saying it, it wasn't his fault he couldn't, but he felt weird denying work.

"Doctors orders" Jake made sure to remind him, "Yeah... Doctors orders, well, feel better bro, we'll talk later?" Logan said, "Definitely" Jake assured him.