Chapter 87

Jake sat on a chair in front of Logan, who stood up behind him.

Jake had on some casual sweats, and a towel still being patted around on his head to finish drying off from his bath.

"Okay, open your mouth," Logan told him, Jake slowly did as he was told, while Logan got a toothbrush out, Jake watched as he reached around him turning the water on getting his bristles damp before squirting tooth paste on it. Back and forth, Logan scrubbed the bristles over Jake's teeth making his mouth foam up, cleaning them for him.

"Logan, is everything good with you?" Jake asked after they took a break for him to spit, "Good with me? Yeah, I'm healthy and well..." Logan said joking slightly, although he had an under tone of sounding a bit guilty. Logan again stuck the brush back in his mouth, trying to shut him up from asking too many questions, "Logan," Jake mumbled around the brush, making Logan quickly shove it in again making him gag.

"Bro! Stop!" Jake coughed, "I didn't mean that bro!" Logan told him honestly, taking it back out, "What's with you?!" Jake asked still coughing a little, "Nothing, I just, I have things on my mind," Logan replied sheepishly as he began slowly brushing his teeth again, being extra gentle on his gums.

"Talk to me about it later?" Jake said not really giving him room to say no, Logan tensed with Jake's tone; the dream was still scaring him, he didn't want to think of it at all, it only made things worse really, he didn't want to plague Jake with negativity either...

"We'll talk," Logan reluctantly promised, Jake nodded in agreement.

It was later in the day now, Logan was finally lying down on the couch, replying to texts from his manager, mostly trying to relax. 

He'd bathed Jake, brushed his teeth, dressed him, fed him and helped him to the toilet, that on top of cleaning his room for him was all very tiring and stressful leaving Logan feeling burned out now, although, most of the time while he did tasks for Jake he was feeling more anxious to do everything perfect now.

Logans phone soon chimed showing a text from Pam, he sat up a little checking it.

Mama-mia: Hi Logey, how are you dear?

Logan: I'm good, its been a long day.

Mama-mia: What happened dear? 😞

Logan: Jake can't do anything really, and I'm his caretaker, what do you think happened?

Mama-mia: You won't have to worry about that soon dear! Me and your father wanted to save this as a surprise- but we're moving out there! ❤

Logan almost choked seeing it, he felt like he'd gotten punched in the stomach reading that.

Logan: Honey- NOOOO!

Mama-mia: No? I thought you'd be excited? 🤷

Logan: Mom, the gesture, Fantastic👍 Will it help? NO👎

Mama-mia: But Jake needs care, who better to help then his parents?🤓

Logan: Jake doesn't want you to take care of him...

Mama-mia: I don't understand? We've been packing and everything!

Logan: Mom, Jake loves seeing you, he loves you both, but the kids already lost his independence, do you REALLY think he's gonna like mommy and daddy coming to the rescue?

Mama-mia: But, he's sick, I think he'd appreciate the help!

Logan: Mom, he's not gonna want you here 24/7, your too emotional, too clingy, your gonna smoother him, trust me, call, but stay away unless he WANTS to see you👀