Chapter 40 Festering Guilt

Erika at in the kitchen tapping away at her laptop, she didn't have as much work lately without Jake, but still she was doing what she could for the company, she even. considered taking another job to help support team ten.
Erika sighed taking a sip of her coffee, she could see through the open living room area the boxes packed up, she guessed Nick wasn't kidding about leaving,she wasn't sure who else was gonna try to stick it out for Jake, but honestly she would be sad and disappointed if anyone else left, Jake was so sick, but still trying to make everything work, and she really applauded him for that, Jake was still one of the strongest people she knew, and even though he was younger then her, she in a way, looked up to him.

*We don't need you here, good riddance* Erika thought glaring at Nick from behind her mug, before taking another sip getting back to work.

"Are you sure your okay honey?" Pam asked frowning in concern, her along with Greg, Jake and Logan were at the airport, they'd had breakfast together before leaving, where Logan lied through his teeth trying to convince his parents Jake was okay and he would look after him while he recovered. "Mom, I'm good, just go Ohio needs you" Jake said smiling, Pam grabbed his face pulling him down to her level, planting a gentle kiss on his forehead, "You're more important then Ohio dear, I don't feel right leaving when your still sick" Pam said sadly, "I'm getting better mom, don't worry!" Jake said beaming, Logan's stomach flopped hearing him, *I hope your right...* Logan thought, "The boys a savage, he'll be okay!" Greg said patting his back, Jake stumbled forwards feeling a stinging pain shot through his backs nerves.

Logan grabbed Jake helping him stand back up straight, while Jake frowned groaning as he waited for the pain to subside, "Watch it!" Logan snapped at Greg, "I didn't mean it boy" Greg said looking at Jake his brows furrowing in concern, "I'm fine, I'm fine" Jake said catching his breath back, Jake didn't understand why he felt so weak, it was hard just to move, his feet hurt and felt almost bruised, he was always winded and felt the need to be in bed, the wind always made his bones ache, and had him coughing and sneezing, he was dizzy if he even attempted to go faster than he had been, but still he assumed he would be better soon, although not sure what was actually wrong...

"I'm not leaving" Pam fussed hugging Jake, "You have to" Jake said, "But honey-" Pam started to argue again before Logan stepped in, "Mom, Jake will be fine, he's got me!" Logan said grinning proudly, "That's what I'm worried about" Pam said with a sigh, "The flight for Ohio is boarding now" Greg told her, "Call, and I'll be on the next flight back" Pam assured them, "I'm good, go get back to life!" Jake told her, they exchange a few last hugs and kisses before Pam and Greg left to get on the plane.

Logan stood beside Jake with a forced smile on his face as the feeling of dread washed over him, just like that, the rest of the family support was gone, and he was left alone with this crisis.

"Ready to leave bro?" Jake asked before coughing a few times his chest rattling with it, "Yeah..." Logan muttered, they made their way out of the airport and to Logan's car where they got in.

Logan put his hand on his key getting ready to crank his car up, when Jake's hand was placed over his, making him look in his direction. "Don't think I forgot last night, I still want to know what's wrong" Jake said his tone a bit more serious, "Nothings wrong bro, let's just head home" Logan said nervously before starting his car up, "You're acting weird bro, can we just talk about this?" Jake asked arching an eyebrow, "Nothing to talk about" Logan told him pulling out into the road, Jake just frowned at him before looking down at his phone, Logan tried not to look at Jake, but he couldn't help but steal a glance at his direction every time he heard Jake sniffle or shift in his seat, he looked flushed, and even his hands began trembling when he used them.

*I can't hide this from him...But how do you tell someone this? How?" Logan thought uncomfortably, his heart was heavy, but he wasn't ready to tell Jake anything, it would hurt too bad... Pretending like everything was okay wasn't and couldn't work though, he'd already been getting calls from the hospital again but he didn't answer them, he couldn't bring himself to..