Chapter 41 Come Clean

Logan plopped down on a chair inside his small kitchen, he'd just spent the last hours distracting himself, vlogging, working out, chatting with his roommates, anything he could find to keep his mind busy, but now the sun had set and the thoughts were still there, the guilt and the fear still plagued his brain. The soft kitchen light was the only one on in the house as far as Logan could see, it shined on Logan and his phone that was illuminating his face with it's blue and white lights.

Logan had broken down a bit after trying his best to shrug things off, he needed help, and decided to text Erika, his heart hurt and mouth felt dry as he texted her, she was somewhat close to Jake, and the only one who would take this seriously...His friends were good for a distraction but not close enough or mature enough to tell them that sensitive information.

Logan: Erika...

Erika: Logan? Hey, uh what's up?

Logan: I need to talk to you about something, it's important.

Erika: Um, okay? Are you alright?

Logan: Not to be a sissy, but no, I'm not alright at all..

Erika sat on the couch at the team ten house, she stared at her phone, puzzled, she knew Logan obviously, but she didn't consider them this close for him to call her about problems, while sitting there in confusion, it hit her *Jake...* why else would he be texting her? Jake was one of the only things they had a common interest in.

Erika: Is Jake okay?

Logan: Was I that obvious?

Erika: Logan, what happened? Is it actually serious?

Logan: It's hard to say...Like dang, I wish I could just make a joke and dodge everything but, it's like not working, this is like some real life crude and it sucks.

Erika: Calm down, sometimes we have to face situations like this we aren't ready for, but don't let yourself stress, do what you can and move on.

Logan: You make it sound easy...

Erika: Well what is it?

Logan gripped his phone tightly, he hoped Erika would keep that chill attitude even after she heard the news, but he wasn't certain, it was still giving anxiety talking about it.

Logan: There's no beating around the bush really...The results came back for Jake, and they said it's cancer...

Erika stared at her phone her vision blurring out, her brain was immediately flooded with memories of Jake, from their first meeting way back when he started team ten, over the years all the screaming, laughter, eye rolls, the mocking little voices, destroying things, his smile, his determination, the way he inspired her and everyone around him, how she'd grown to actually like and respect him now...This person who now meant so much, had a deadly disease?...

Erika's heart sunk, and her first reaction was to cry, but she held it together, and began texting Logan back.

Erika: Logan...I'm so sorry.

Logan: It sucks so bad...

Erika: Do your parents know?

Logan: Jake doesn't even know.

Erika: What? Did you just find out?

Logan shifted in his seat, getting uncomfortable and nervous.

Logan: No...It's been like a day or so, I couldn't tell him, I just...

Erika took in a deep breath trying to relax herself before speaking again, she knew Logan had to have been having a rough time, these things weren't easy, he'd been coming over trying to help Jake all this time only to hear something so out of his control, so out of everyone's control and so emotionally devastating...