Chapter 23 The fading Dream

Logan sat in the room with the doctors, he promised Jake he wouldn't leave so even after they offered him a better place to wait for Jake, he stayed there. Jake and Logan had been gone for hours, ever since earlier that morning, Jake was had been scanned for over a hour now, Logan couldn't help staring at the clock while he waited, he chewed at the skin on his lips, anxiously wondering why it was taking so long, Logan had gotten a few text from Erika while he was waiting checking in to see how Jake was doing, he told her about the scan and made sure to remind her to keep it a secret from the other team members.

Logan kept fiddling with his phone while he waited, he put in earbuds trying to drown the sound of the machine to maybe help his nerves relax, finally after all the agonizing waiting, he saw the Itensivist walk out, he frowned in question watching her, he knew she was just there to "observe" as she put it, but he would like a little more engaging with her and what exactly she was writing down about his little brother.

The two nurses walked out as well, before zooming back in minutes later with some bottled water, Logan watched them walk back to Jake and the machine, Dr.Brown clicked a few more buttons on it and it soon started to power off, Logan jumped up out of his chair and his blue eyes widened.

"Is he done?" Logan asked slowly walking closer, "Yes Mr.Paul, he should be getting up in a few minutes" Dr.Brown told him, the nurses began removing the straps from Jake's body after the bed slid out of the tunnel which had began to lose it's intense glow.

Logan stared at Jake's sleeping body beneath him, his slow soft breathing and shut eyes, he swallowed the lump in his throat before looking back at Dr.Brown making eye contact, "Well?... What's wrong with him?" Logan asked, he braced himself for the answer, this is what they came for, but still...He was scared for the results.

"Can't say...We'll look over his scan in the data base today, and have his results in tomorrow morning" Dr.Brown said, "Another appointment?" Logan questioned aggravated, "Mr.Paul, if you don't have time to come with him, please send someone else, whatever your brother has, it's not your typical seasonal case of the sniffles, we want to be completely sure of what it is before we give a diagnosis" Dr.Brown said sternly taking Logan aback.

"Listen, I'm not tired of supporting my brother," Logan said through gritted teeth offend he would even accuse him of being irritated with being with Jake, "I'm tired of coming back and forth without results! My brother's sick, he's out of energy, coughing, losing blood- that's what I'm tired of, I want him to be better!" Logan shouted at him, Dr.Brown backed up a bit, "Well come back Sunday, we'll have the results then" Dr.Brown responded, Logan had to stop himself from cursing him out, he knew the man had to stay professional, but at this point it didn't even sound like he cared, he took in a deep breath before speaking again.

"Can I take him home?" Logan asked, "Yes, he'll be a little out of it though, hes just coming up from the sedative, so keep an eye on him" Dr.Brown warned, "Give him something to drink" One of the Nurses said giving him one of the water bottles, "Got it.." Logan mumbled, Dr.Brown nodded before walking out along with his Nurses, leaving the brothers alone.

Logan stared down at Jake, he let the worry fully claim his expression, his eyebrows furrowed and his lip slightly quivered, he hated seeing Jake like that, really staring at him, he could see how pale he looked, when he touched Jake he could realize the weight he was losing, just thinking over these things made Logan want to cry, from sadness, from fear, and pure frustration, why did this have to happen to HIS brother? Why?!....

Logan rubbed Jake's fluffy blonde hair, he rubbed his thumb up his forehead gently, biting down on his quivering lip, he was angry that this happened, it made him feel so helpless, he was older, he was suppose to protect his little brother, and he couldn't do anything to take his pain away, all he could do was say his stupid encouragement...That did nothing to stop Jake's pain, to keep him from coughing, it couldn't keep him from being up at night sick...