Chapter 21 Check it out

Logan stopped at the hospital, he blew out some air lightly shuddering as he did so, he felt anxious pressure all over his body, he hated having to go to this place, always figuring this was for other people, that this was for other families to go though, it didn't feel right happening to him, to be there for his baby brother.

Logan gazed over at Jake who was still covered in his coat, sleeping,
"Jake, Jakey" Logan said lightly shaking him.

Jake had his eyes shut tight, in his dream he was with his team and Logan, they were on some kind of trip/tour running around, vlogging, meeting fans, preforming, eating food, the only sounds were laughter and music playing...That all came to a end when his eyes opened.

"Y-Yo?" Jake muttered as he sat up, "We're here" Logan informed him patting his shoulder, "Oh..." Jake said looking out the window at the hospital, this was his reality at the moment, he wished he was still sleeping...

Logan got out first then Jake, the brothers were side by side as they walked to the building, Jake shoved his hands in his pockets, while Logan strutted with his arms by his side, head up while he walked, Logan took several glances at Jake noticing him biting on his hoodie strings, something he did when he was uncomfortable or upset, he lightly nudged him getting his attention.

"You good?" Logan asked, "Yeah" Jake responded, "It's just a checkup" Logan told him trying to help him get rid of any negative thoughts, "I know" Jake said, "I'm just thinking" He explained, Logan nodded, before they entered the big doors, they walked to the receptionist and told them who they were there to see, the receptionist told them they were to go to Urgent Care...This took both brothers by surprise.

"Urgent Care?" Logan repeated to the receptionist, "Yes, go right that way, your brother can sign in here first" He said pushing the paper forward with a smile, Jake looked at Logan still struck with awe before slowly grabbing the pen to sign his name, "Can I ask why we're going to Urgent Care?" Logan asked trying to keep his voice level, not seeming as freaked out as he felt inside.

"I'm sure Dr.Brown will let you know" The receptionist said with a smile, Logan grimaced at him about to snap, but Jake quickly interrupted, "Thanks, have a good one bro" He said, the receptionist nodded and got back to work, Logan glared at him before walking off with Jake in a huff, they got in the sleek black elevator heading to urgent care.

Jake felt his head pound with all the thoughts overlapping each other, he was told it was "just a checkup" by himself and Logan so many times, and that got him calmed down about it, now he was suddenly going to Urgent Care? What for, did they already find out something? How long would he be there? What were they gonna do to him there?

Jake suddenly felt Logan give him a pat on the shoulder squeezing it lightly, "Get out of your head" He told him, *He must have saw the look on my face* Jake thought, Jake faked a smile that was obviously still heavily laced with worry, Logan's calm expression softened, "Jake don't be scared" Logan said gently, "I'm not scared" Jake quickly defended, Logan threw his arms around Jake's shoulders pulling him close, "I'm not making fun of you Jake, I really don't want you to be scared...I got you bro" Logan told him taking on a serious tone, Jake closed his eyes taking in a deep breath letting it out.

"Thank you Logan... Seriously, thanks for being here" Jake said dropping a little of his defense finally, Logan nodded and patted his head, he didn't want to keep getting sloppy with Jake and make him less ready for what he had to do... Whatever it was, so he left it at that, Jake knew he'd be there for him and that's all that mattered.

The elevator stopped on the Urgent Care unit, the small chime the elevator made startled both brothers, the anticipation of getting there getting the better of their nerves, they walked to the room they were told to meet Dr.Brown at, the loud sounds of machinery sending chilling tingles down their spines, that accompanied by the crying of other families there for their sick loved ones.

Jake really couldn't believe his eyes and ears, he hated being in that place, every noise freaked him out, he wasn't ever one to whine, but he couldn't help but be uncomfortable there, he remembered going to visit sick fans in places like this, never imagined he'd be there for himself...It was really striking him hard, but he wouldn't break...

"Ah, Mr.Paul" Dr.Brown said going to shake Jake's hand and Logan's, "Please go into the prep room right down the hall, remove your garments and put on your hospital gown, my nurses will show you to the room you'll be worked on at, I'll be there along with the
intensivists I've brought in for you" Dr.Browm informed, Jake blinked and frowned in confusion, he was already sick and worried, now he was having all this information thrown at him, he was barely getting use to being in that space, now he had even more questions bugging him.

"Easy, easy Doc," Logan spoke up getting his and Jake's attention, "What's with a hospital gown and all that? I thought you said for Jake to come in for a CHECK-UP, this sounds like a lot more" Logan said his forehead creasing with worry and aggravation, he was trying to be calm on the exterior; this was a place of business a place where people were coming to get better and he didn't want to act out, but on the inside he was boiling with rage, the doctors obviously hadn't informed Jake it would be anymore then routine checkups, and he'd spent the whole week calming Jake down with that, only to be there in person and put him in a room with whatever a Intensivists was and in a hospital gown.

"What's all this gown talk and bringing other people in? Don't we get any more information then that?" Logan questioned arching an eyebrow folding his arms, Jake stood beside him, he wanted to speak up about it too, but was frankly too much in his own head freaking out about why he would need all that, he was not expecting a long stay at all, and was now feeling his burning stomach twist and churn with nausea, he felt bubbles rise in his belly, the gutteral cramps from anxiety made him want to groan in pain, but he stayed silent chewing his hoodie strings hanging unto every word his Doctor and brother said.

"Well Mr.Paul, as I told the patient, I'd look over his first checkup with my colleagues, so we could figure out what to do...It just so happens we decided on a CT scan" Dr.Brown informed, "A what?" Jake finally spoke up his eyes widening a bit, "A CT scan, oh, they're good for tons of things, brain, tissue, blood cells, just your overall body, there's a lot of little things we aren't able to pinpoint right now, and CT scan could clear up a lot of questions floating around" Dr.Brown told him trying to appeal to Jake who stared at him still in shock, Dr.Brown cleared his throat before speaking again.

"We are the professionals here Mr.Paul, we want to see what's wrong and make you better, so if you'd only comply" He said gesturing down the hall where Jake was to go. Jake looked at Logan before back at the Doctor, Logan looked about ready to fight while Dr.Brown remained unsettlingly pleasant.

"Okay..." Jake said with a sigh, feeling Logan's gaze on him, "I'll do it" He agreed, "Splendid, I'll be waiting, and don't worry, the most you'll feel is a warmth across your body, it won't hurt a bit" Dr.Brown said, Jake just nodded before shuffling away, Logan glared at the Doctor before following Jake, he didn't know what kind of conversation they needed to have, but he had to say something, things were escalating faster then either of them expected, and they were both still apprehensive and in the dark about the whole process and what everything would mean for Jake's health;his team, his business, his fans, family, social status and everything that would domino if anything did happen to him.

A/N: Thx for reading! Don't forget to like and comment!