Chapter 84 Reunion Rapture

Erika sat outside a deli, she had circle shades on and her hair back in a sleek ponytail, a iced coffee in front of her. Erika hadn't felt like leaving the house really after her break up with Jake and Aaron...But she had a job to do and bills to pay, she was in a mindset where she wanted to reconnect to her old friends or run away to some other state and start over,the latter was easier however.

Erika had gotten done with work and was meeting a friend for lunch actually, she couldn't deny behind her dolled up apperance, she was nervous, no one from their group knew what went down between her and Jake, and she wanted to keep it that way.

"Erika," A familiar voice greeted, Erika watched as Nick came over, his signature jean jacket on, she smiled stabding up as he approached the round table, ready to lean in for a hug; Things got rough when people took sides after first discovering Jake's actions regarding the pay in Team10 months ago, some held grudges after finding out about Jake's illness others felt sheepish however, in fact Erika herself didn't fully trust or forgive anyone in the beginning, but after her screwing up herself, it was easier to forgive...

"Its been a while, lot of things happened" Nick said as they broke their hug, and sat down, "It sure has...Where do you work now?" Erika asked playing with her cups straw between her fingers, "I take small jobs, odds and ins for other upatarting companies, apps and things," Nick explained with twirling hand gesture.

"Its weird not going to the old house," Nick commented shifting in his seat, a bit, they paused for a moment while Erika sipped her smoothie, and Nick watched the cars pass by in thought, "I thought you hated the frat house," Erika chuckled a little, "It wasn't hate, yes we lived with bloody idiots, but...I don't regret the experience one bit" Nick told her honestly, Erika chuckled looking down, a wave of longing going through her.

"Have you been in contact with Jake letely? I only get updates from the internet, Chance and Anthony now," Nick said smiling saying a quiet thank you when a waiter brought him a menu before walking away, Erika stiffened, Jake's name making her uneasy, "Congratulations by the way, honestly, I never saw you two being together, but maybe with Jake slowed down a little you can both connect more," Nick said before looking down at the menu while Erika shifted again getting uncomfortable again. "Uh, actually..." Erika mumbled, she didn't want to tell him about the break up in case he investigated further, it was her own business what happened in her relationship and she shouldn't care what Nick would say but...

Erika gazed at him while he picked things out on the menu, she knew she'd feel guilty again and foolish after scolding everyone else then doing something far worse to Jake. "Jake's um, he's okay- I mean he's Jake after all" Erika tried laughing things off a little hoping to switch the conversation, "Really? I'm a little shocked, I mean, disease can take down a lot of mentally tough people, Jake's lost the first home he's gotten use too, he's lost Business deals, his team- Jake's a lot stronger then I've given him credit for if he's the same after that" Nick commented sounding more serious.

"What are you ordering?" Erika asked, "Just a wrap- I was actually trying to gather the group to take a vis it to Jake, I've contacted Tessa and Kade already, Chance and Tony are in contact with Chad an a few others, I wanted to know if you'd be there then," Nick said looking at her, "Um..." Erika mumbled, "Or do you live with him?" Nick asked arching his brows, "Oh no of course not" Erika quickly said, "Well we're going this weekend, a bit of a reunion, hopefully we can get some things better into the clear, I still feel I owe Jake a proper apology" Nick told her, obviously feeling dissappointed with his former actions, he usually prided himself on being the rational one, but unfortunately jumped to conclusions and let himself down by being so oblivious to Jake's sickness...

"I'll be there..." Erika agreed, it would give her away if she didn't agree, how would it look if his own "girlfriend" didn't come to visit him? Erika couldn't help but think how terrible this would go, even if Jake wanted to be polite and let her in with the others, Logan knew what she did to him, his parents could know, and she'd get the cold shoulder from the whole family, she didn't blame them however...

From their perspective, it only looked like she was playing with their sick son and brothers heart. Things could get ugly there pretty quickly, the thought scared Erika, although, truthfully she still wanted to see Jake in person, breaking up over the phone seemed so inpersonal to her and after all.the other things she did, she wanted to at least apeak properly to him in person, she was determined to try and mend whatever relationship was still there before it was too late.

Erika and Nick soon finished their lunch and chat, leaving Nick relieved and Erika with anxiety, if Jake still wanted nothing to do with her, she promised herself she'd try to move on for the sake of letting Jake heal, the last thing he asked her to do was simply; stop hurting him, and she was gonna do just that, it wouldn't be easy to have to drop everything and cut contact with Jake, it would rip apart her heart to have someone like him, so entertwined with her for years to just suddenly be gone.

*You  make your bed you have to lie in it I guess...* She thought her face blank as she drove unsettled down the busy streets...