Chapter 107 New Page

But suddenly, just as Logan was starting to process what just happened...A loud gasp of air shook him to his core, the Doctors, whom haspd slowly began taking off their mask, turned back to see the patitent they were about to pronounce dead, take a breath...

Time seemed to freeze for Logan and the Doctors, eyes wide with disbelief, in a flash they were back around Jake, checking his vitals watching as the monitor picked up on his heart once again, they removed the sheet from his face, watching as his pale lips gasped for more air.

"Jake!?" Logan shouted wiping his eyes, Jake gasped again coughing as he began breathing, chest rising and falling quickly, while his eyes were still shut tight. Doctors rushed around trying to make sure he would be staying up this time, while Logan's eyes were locked on Jake as he slowly got closer, "Jake..?" He spoke again his voice softer now, "Oh my g-" Logan paused grabbing the side of his face in shock, just watching, waiting for the okay to get closer and be able to actually speak to Jake.

The Doctors work was a blur to Logan, all he could think of was how grateful he was to hear Jake breathing again...

Soon enough the Doctors gave Logan the clear to be alone with him, telling him they'd keep him in for a while longer for more checkups just to be sure of his health, and if his body was free from disease, Logan thanked the Doctors even hugging a few before they left the brothers alone...

By this time Jake was fully awake now eyes open, still hooked to monitors, and tired, but he was finally up...

Logan sat next to Jake, he was unable to find the words to even say to him though, and eventually just leaned over hugging unto his brother, holding him as tight as he could without hurting him, after he was almost taken away from him...This embrace meant so much more to Logan; He had one hand on Jake's back and one on the back of his head, stroking him, while he squeezed his eyes shut, moving back to leave small fast kisses on Jake's cheeks and forehead, before holding him again.

"Wow, before this gets any further, at least take me to dinner first," Jake muttered, humor in his tired, hushed tone, making Logan's emotional, pained face break into a crude smile, hearing his brothers voice.

Logan moved back holding unto Jake's arms just staring at him, taking in his brothers features, thankful he was alive, breathing and making his dumb jokes. "Logan? Have you been crying?" Jake asked after studying his face for a while, still tired and slurred, Logan wiped his eyes with his arms, "I thought we lost you..." Logan admitted his tone serious, and hurt, the moment of course, still fresh in his mind.

"It was...The most terrifying thing I'll probably ever go through," Logan explained looking away as he trailed off, he finally turned back to look at Jake, "I love you bro, I- I don't know what I would've done without you..." He told him gently, Jake's expression softened, "I'm okay now Logan," Jake said trying to relax him, "We don't know that though, Jake, you could have died!" Logan began saying getting emotional again, his mind racing scaring him all over again.

Jake moved his hand towards Logan slowly, he held unto his brothers arm making him focus again.

"I didn't die, I'm alive, I'm breathing, let's just be happy about that- we'll work through everything else later,, we're okay right now" Jake told Logan while staring up at him, Logan sighed out before hugging him again, he should be more positive, the surgery was suppose to help Jake, and even though there were complications, he made it through now, he had his brother, and that's all he really wanted...

Jake gently hugged Logan back, still unable to move his body comfortably, but Logan helped support him up holding him in his arms.

Just as Logan was about to move back and speak again, the door opened, a Nurse holding it open with her arm, a smile on her face as she let the family and friends in, having made sure they cleaned themselves off throughly before they were allowed in.