4: Weak Spots

It was time to venture into another village. The skies were in a lighter shade of blue with swirls of clouds decorating them. Lucius helped me mount on his pegacorn and he followed suit and sat behind me.

The villagers were gathered to see us off and they seemed so saddened and afraid that we had to leave.

"I will ask one of the Scums to watch over your village but it would be better if you relocate your village in a more secluded area where no Catastrophe will easily stumble in," Lucius advised them.

"Thank ya Yur Highness and will do," the village chief gratefully replied.

"Onii-chan!" Fara called from the little crowd.

My eyes spotted the detka reaching his hand towards me and his mother walked towards us and lifted him up. I looked at Lucius and he nodded at me as if encouraging me to take Fara.

I grasped Fara from his mother and sat him on Argo. Fara seemed to think that he was meant to come along with us and grabbed on Argo's mane causing the pegacorn to release a breath making its lips tremble.

"Say bye-bye to onii-chan Fara," his mother said causing Fara's smile to falter. His eyes had a sheath of tears as he looked at me.

He crawled up to my chest and grabbed my white cloak as support. "Onii-chan no bye-bye..." He whimpered.

"Fara onii-chan has to go," his mother cooed and possessed the same skin of sadness enveloping all of the villagers' faces.

Fara sobbed and his tears poured out from his eyes. "Onii-chan no leave!" He wailed.

I turned my head to ask Lucius for what to do and he simply shrugged and smiled.

What did they expect me of doing? I had no attained skills when it came to children and I have never thought that such age can have this emotional attachment for that one night of interaction.

I hesitantly stroked Fara's back with my gloved hand and lifted his bum so that he can rest his chin on my shoulder.

"Lucius...can we bring him with us?"

"Eh?" Fara's mother and Lucius asked in unison. I continued to stroke Fara in attempt to soothe him from his crying that was causing my ears to ring.

"Fara, onii-chan will come back. I will come back?" I stated with a questioning tone in my voice.

Will I really come back? I was taken here against my will and I should be returning soon but taking me back wasn't in Lucius's list of activities. He was going to take me farther away from the Kingdom and I wasn't doing anything about it.

What was happening to me?

Was it because whatever I do everything was futile? I had no chance against his strength and I can only wait for rescue.

The detka's wailing continued on and I returned him back to his mother. I reached inside my shirt and fished for my belt before unclasping it. I then removed one of my gloves and stared at my hand in thought.

I did say that yesterday will be the first and last time I will use my powers however I...I didn't even know why I was breaking that oath.

I will give something to Fara as a compensation for his tears. I did not deserve his tears. I was the last person that should have another being mourn for him because I was incapable of returning the favor and because I was still under the jurisdiction of the law.

As Farah grows, he will eventually forget about me and once I was retrieved from Lucius I will eventually be forced to forget about him, this village, and everything that ever happened when I was kidnapped.