51: Notorious Hellraiser

The silhouette which floated silently before the combustion of monsoon crossed its razor-sharp ungues before its chest. Its eyes snapped open and burned with purgatory and sharp ferocity. Two feathered pinions stretched from his back and a wave of murky smolder caused the feathers to shed and reveal leathery bat-like wings.

As the silhouette released more smolders, its appearance became more defined and much sharper. Its muscled form was bare and a dark tattered cloth was tied around its waist. Its tail was hard-armored and resembled a scorpion's tail. It had lengthy horns that resembled a goat's. A scythe that looked very familiar to me materialized in its left open claw and it gripped it tightly with murderous intent.

The stygian monsoon which was a bright red scarlet in its earlier phase dispersed and showed the scalded form of the God who was still unfortunately alive. The giant shakily grabbed the steel rose which skewered him like a grilled vegetable and painfully yanked the steel bar out of its mouth.

"Right in the butt...He must be really butthurt about that!" Crowley cringed causing the two children to roll their eyes.

"I'm ashamed to call you an adult," Rui muttered with his nose scrunched up in distaste.

Once the giant succeeded in extracting the bar from his body, he extended his left arm to the side and his spear latched to his palm.

The horned creature which appeared out of nowhere spun in his direction and they clashed weapons creating a shock wave of black fire. My eyes searched for Sin, Saint, and Skwak but found no trace of them. The pain in my leg didn't even distract my mind one bit as Caleb held me securely against him.

"Skwak couldn't have survived that fire," Crowley said and placed his hand on my shoulder in sympathy. "I'm sorry but he tried. You were right about him."

I gripped Caleb's supporting arm and leaned further on my good leg.

"It's too early to declare his failure. I trust Skwak to keep his promise," I denied Crowley who pursed his lips and looked away in sadness.

"You are far too innocent Young Prince. It pains me to have you here in this bloodbath."

The movement of the horned-creature started as slow but then it gradually became scheming, potent in each attack, and precise. Its speed was hard to follow with the eyes and even the giant was helplessly receiving blows after blows by the dark vigor of bewildering strength which just...came out of nowhere.

"Where did this guy come from?" Caleb asked in astonishment.

"It doesn't matter where it came from as long as it's beating Garmir's sorry ass," Rui huffed with amusement.

The God continued to use his spear to clash with its destructive scythe but Garmir's weapon proved no match with the hack as it sliced whatever part of the spear was offered to him like a spinning wheel.

With Garmir unarmed, the God summoned his lightning, and clouds formed around him which could potentially cage the horned creature like what had happened to Skwak. The lightning got the revolving death blade restrained for a few seconds before it broke the element and regulated the surge throughout its body.

Garmir was losing options to win this game of death and the newcomer seemed to have more cards in his void of darkness to use against him. Garmir caught the creature between his palms and hurled it away from him but the being flickered back to him and slashed its defending hand off his wrist. Spiders crawled out of the injury and his white-tinged blood turned into creatures similar to Vincenzo. The bodies clamped together and twisted around each other as they renew the hand that was cut off.