13: Altruism

A/N: Hello, I took a peek on my demographics to see where my readers are from and it's flattering how I can still reach people outside the country where I'm living. Most of my readers are from the United States. I also got readers  from Sweden, Netherlands, Germany, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia and of course last but not the least are from the Philippines. I have friends from Caribbean, Nigeria and Philippines and they are ever so supportive of my works. I'm fortunate to have such caring and genuine people but I would also like to acknowledge those who I haven't got the opportunity to interact with much (silent readers).

So yeah, I would just like to say hello  to all of you and thank you for reading.  If my works help you in any way when it comes to entertainment or life in general then that's a big achievement for me. 

====================================================================

"Lucian, I will be heading off somewhere to complete an important operation. I expect you to behave, always stay where Garrison can see you, and never do anything out of impulse. Also please do your best to help others in need but don't overdo it, alright? Ganbatte! (Do your best!)" my brother advised me before he left with half of the Scums to fulfill an important operation.

Yes, my aniki left with a smiling face to do something with other people without me again.

Yes, he specifically told me to behave, to stay where I can be seen, and to inhibit myself from doing something temerarious.

Yes, he told me to never overdo my performance but to do my best when it came to extending a helping hand.

I believe he gave out contradicting words of directions and obeying so would prove very difficult but I will try my best to do both of what he told me.

Today we were in the village of Aramoor. It was occupied by a race called fairies which appeared to be small and dainty creatures flying around like insects. The village was merely composed of trees with silver leaves and can be primarily accessed by trudging through a mountain pass. It was enclosed by mountains therefore it cannot be easily infiltrated unless one had the capability to fly. In our case, I rode Fenris while Garrison rode a pegacorn on land.

Once we arrived, a fairy soared gently and slowly towards our direction and Garrison spoke in our behalf.

"Hallo Chief Lazuli. We have heard of the recent increase of the population here and came to extend assistance."

Light poured out from the fairy and what I perceived as delicate and tiny creatures turned out to be beings far bigger than my own brother.

Chief Lazuli had a deep blue hair color and his long hair elegantly cascaded down his well defined chest. Clothes didn't seem to pass by his mind as a mere leaf covered his broom stick.

"It is a pleasure to have you back and I see you are accompanied by new faces," he warmly replied.

"Indeed, this is Lucian and the wolf is named Fenris," Garrison introduced. "As you may have heard, the Scums are engaged in a rescue mission concerning fairies and Ikesha sent us here to ensure that adequate food reservoir is established."

Chief Lazuli's face became grim and he turned around and led us further into the village.

"We have been accepting refugees for the past few days and because of the sudden increase in our population, food stocks have been running low. Most of the crops in our fields have been gleaned and we are running on the last bits of food that were gathered yesterday."