29: Break the Broken

It was a night filled with tremendous rage radiating from both beastly men. The once peaceful forest shifted into the woodland of battlefield meant for shedding blood and proving domination. It would seem that my judgment was wrong about them getting along. Perhaps the friendship that I expected them to have would never come true...yet.

But of course my prediction shall still rule in the end. I was no brother of a boneheaded brute for nothing. They will get along. I was sure of it. I swear on the sharpness of this cucumber.

I stood in between them, picking up the fruits that Slade made me drop while they growl at each other.

Their voices were raspy yet whole; they were deep and thunderous. The strength made my hearing release a line of blankness. The intensity caused vibrations throughout my whole body and though they had already scared the entire forest into a scampering mess—my stomach still overpowered it all.

Should I have peaches or apples?

I looked at Slade who bared his teeth at Caleb who was now transforming into Fenris. It would seem that both of them will not back down. What should I do to prevent bloodshed? What should I do to enjoy a night filled with munching on my precious peaches? Why must this battle hinder me from having a midnight snack?

Slade attempted to let out one loud snarl again with his body ready to attack Fenris. I took the opportunity to shove the peach inside of his mouth to test if food will solve the issue between them.

The newcomer's eyes widened and he tried to chew what I had shoved inside his gob. I faced the assaulting Fenris and stayed anchored to my spot. Slade was making choking noises and as Fenris was closing the distance, I opened my arms and a yawn suddenly escaped from me.

"Fenris, I am sleepy."

The wolf's active legs abruptly shut together which only left his butt to close the distance undesirably. Fenris smiled at me and then gave my face a lick. I grabbed on to his black fur and then walked with the fruits in my arm. We sat beside the pyram that Slade made and then I began to fill my protesting stomach.

There there stomach, it won't happen again. I shall feed you with all my might.

I perceived Fenris still seething with anger. I looked up to him and found that he was still focused on ripping Slade into tiny little ribbons. Slade successfully spat out the fruit and wiped the drool from his lips with his arm in a frustrated and agitated manner.

"Would you like to sit beside me?" I asked.

The man gave us a glare but he accepted the offer with a loud and angry "huff".

I was trapped in a line of tensed atmosphere while I ate a peach. My methods proved to be efficient.

Food shall solve all disputes. The next time someone fights, I will grow a fruit tree from where they stand. Hopefully they know how to climb down because I will be growing a very tall tree that will surpass Yggdrasil.

If Lucius was here, he would be very much delighted on how I was improving with my interaction with others.

"Is there any lake that we can bathe in tomorrow?" I asked.

Fenris started to speak but his words came out as short and mild howls in different pitches. I listened to every word and when he was done, I stroked his fluffy chest.

"Thank you for trying Fenris," I praised emotionlessly and looked at Slade who was staring at us blankly.

"You understood what he said?" he asked.

"No," I deadpanned. "But his efforts were plausible," I added making Fenris howl happily.

Slade glowered at me for a bit before answering me.