31: Warming up

It was the scenery of beauty poisoned by the venom of death. It was a world contained in an unsuspecting cave. The ceiling was a purple sky with murky clouds resting above the ruined kingdom hidden behind the eyes of the seeker.

There was a narrow canal trailing towards the floating ruins. Some parts of wooden infrastructures that had witnessed the history of ruin were scattered on the chipped floors. The background of the suspended castle was a wide wall of waterfall where dead trees sprang in some parts— splitting the angry downfall of the stream.

I could see a variety of races scurrying around and playing, bringing life to the deceased Kingdom. Almost all of them were very young children and some were adolescents.

The scent of rot hanged in the air and it was no wonder why Slade was the way he was. The smell of this place must have clouded his sense of reasoning which caused him to become violent and stupid; a complete baka.

Once the children saw Slade, they immediately brightened up and ran to greet him.

And here I thought they would scamper away for their lives.

"Welcome back Slade-onii!"

Sevor picked up one child with tiny transparent wings and threw her up in the air only for her to fly away and giggle. Slade ignored the greetings with a blank look on his face showing the contrast between Sevor's warm attitude and Slade's cold one.

Wye Fye was beaming sweetly at her lover who was interacting with the children. I diverted my eyes at the sickly display of affection and assessed the decomposing surroundings. I will revive this place later and leave when I get the chance.

Now that I think about it, why do they live here? They can travel anywhere they want with the twins and migrate to where there was actual life. Why do they agonize themselves?

A little boy ran up to me with wide eyes. He had a green bandana wrapped around his whole upper head with strands of purple hair peeking out. His clothes were ragged and dusty and he smiled at me with his incomplete teeth.

"A new nii-chan!" He cheered.

Soon the rest of the kids flocked around me with their little hands grabbing me eagerly. The teenage girls fussed about how attractive my skin was in which Wye Fye decided to comment on.

"He must have grown up with a silver spoon in his mouth," she stated before smiling at me and following the comment with a "I'm kidding!"

Jokes were always half meant just as her existence. Her parents didn't give much thought on making her did they? 

"I do not understand. My mouth is currently unoccupied and my kind has always had glowing skin. "

Wye Fye crossed her arms over her breast. "You mean your kind that's always had been selfish and arrogant?"

"Yes, my kind who seems to be on the same league as yours," I replied in approval which just angered her even further. Why was everyone infuriated when I agree with them?

"You better watch your mouth ancient. You are in OUR territory and unless you want to get your wounds checked, you better show respect."

Ah, she had lost her calm composure. Her false skin just peeled off at the right time.

"I do not have a mirror to watch my mouth. Will you care to provide me one? And to correct you, I was forced to come here against my non-existent free will. I do not want to get my wounds checked. I only desire to return back to my werewolf companion," I deadpanned.

"Slade, do me a favor and get your mate out of my sight!" She snarled while shutting her eyes tightly and holding the small bump on her stomach. Ah, I didn't notice that.