16: Explosive Pet

The tentacles retracted and the hill which confined the headquarters of the scums was demolished once the entire body of number XII propelled up. The rare ancient landed exactly on its four, hirsute, and spider-like legs creating mild vibrations on the ground.

I have never seen a more magnificent creature in my entire life.

"I know this is a wrong time to say this but—I forgot that ancients had some ugly folks in them," Crowley murmured.

"I believe that nature takes beauty in many forms...but this form isn't one of them..." Garrison supported Crowley's statement.

Garrison must be impressed with its superior beauty. A man with his standards must be awed.

What stood before us was an ancient of towering height taking in the form of a monster with four spider legs and six tentacles with deadly needles at its suckers. What connected the irregular limbs was a spherical head covered in scaly-metallic petals that acted as eyelids. The spherical head had a lone big roguish red eye that peeked between the curtaining function of the lids. Slowly, the spherical head grew a smile; a smile that was lined with razor sharp teeth.

"Watch out for Bebe's oil; it seems harmless at first but once you get covered with it, fire will erupt with the oil's association with strong winds," Garrison warned.

Crowley's nod was stopped midway and he snapped his head to look at Garrison with bewilderment and disbelief.

"That thing doesn't look like a BEBE to me!"

"Watch out!" Ziru yelled.

I stomped my foot to the ground and created a barrier of earth to protect us from the black oil that Bebe had spat out.

"Harden that wall for me!" Crowley growled.

I shifted the elements of the soil and made an iron out of it. Crowley knocked the metallic wall with his foot and the iron was instantly covered with blaze as it twirled towards XII's eye. The lids immediately shaded the exposed parts of the eye and the spider legs retracted back to the spherical head before lowering down on its tentacles and swiveling to our direction.

"If we stand here and wait for that vagitation of gorilla sea urchin salad with a considerate amount of utensils we'll be the perfect interracial meal," Kox spoke up.

"Please stand back," I deadpanned.

"Bebe's weakness changes with every monstrous form it takes. We might be wasting your mana Lucian," Garrison cautioned me.

"He has plenty to waste. If you don't let him intervene we will die before we can figure out its weakness," Kox intervened.

"That is correct, we will not know unless we try," I approved.

If I can only finish this as quickly as possible then my companions wouldn't have to risk their lives or injure themselves.

No one had to fight for me. I did not want to involve people in managing my safety whenever these situations occurred.

The Higher Order wanted me therefore I should be the one to turn them away.

"May the earth trample the arrogant and the malicious..." I murmured and landed my right foot heavily on the ground sending waves of tall and slanted jagged steel from beneath the soil.

Number XII's continuous spinning stopped once the steel blades skewered it. The waves of sharp metal continued past it until almost every tentacle was pierced.

"The big ball wasn't punctured!" Ziru yelled in disbelief and truth to what he had said, the blades merely hoisted the sphere instead of impaling it. "I'll handle it!" he volunteered before leaping up from the ground and having his arms take in a stance of an archer.