65: Epilogue

Blood...

There was nothing more that can bring me eternal bliss other than it. It brought me comfort, it brought me sanity, and it brought me salvation. It was what made life beautiful.

I loved the taste of it.

I adored the color of it.

It was my strength, my power, and my sense of peace.

The metallic and sweet aroma of what maintained life sent excitement through my cold and rigid flesh, as it coursed through my parched throat with its thickened consistency.

I needed more of it.

I needed the world to be flooded with it.

What was wrong with what I desired? Wasn't the color of crimson so fascinating? Heaven and earth had already suffered enough, so why not agonize it even more? Let us paint the bright blue skies with vermillion and allow us to drown the living with their gore to end their miseries.

Each feeble body that breathed was an unwrapped gift. Their skin was the packaging to the glorious present waiting for me underneath.

Open the flesh and I will hear the strong and obnoxious pleas of the frightened...

Wrench the organs out and their screams shall stop...

The utter silence will be my carpet to walk on to reach the throne of the King and I shall feast.

I shall feast on this kingly meal with no restraint, for my victims sung their permission for me rule over their lifeblood.

"Aramastus, are you done?" Master Lucius asked me as I gulped down the last drop of blood from XII.

His head rolled away somewhere after I cut him down. He was growing various kinds of beastly parts when I found him. I believed his power was called: Metamorphosis. He can mutate and grow parts of the creatures that he last ate. It was too bad that I couldn't let him play with me longer. My master was in a hurry.

It was a privilege to drink from him. His blood tasted exotic. It must be because of his diet; I think he ate a dragon. I pulled my scarf up to cover my lips and watched master.

He ambled to my site of feast and he sighed when he accidentally kicked the head of his ex-comrade. His face was cold and expressionless as he grasped the silver hair of Eko's head.

There was no sympathy or a sense of grief in his eyes. There was not even a moment of reminiscence from him. The master had been like this ever since reuniting with Iltut— the second number of the Higher-Order.

"Hm...pathetic," he bluntly murmured.

Eko still had his eyes open and his mouth maintained a silent scream. The master stared at his dead eyes then tossed the head towards me. The head bounced twice and rolled endearingly before hitting a tree root.

"Are you done?" he asked.

I rose and lifted the head from the ground before inserting my two fingers inside its mouth. I fished the token out and noted to clean it later before handing it over to the master.

"I'm done master," I replied.

He leaned against a tree and looked up with pondering eyes.

"Ikesha, Garrison, and Laeroth are still busy spreading news of my brother's false location," he told me.

"Are you not curious about where your brother is now?" I asked him.

It had been weeks. My master must be worried sick. While we got separated from his dearest brother, we were busy collecting tokens for the wicket. 

"I have not received any word from Levi yet but I told him to take care of our brother or else I will turn him into a special seafood cuisine..." he seethed.

I smiled behind my scarf.

Lucius and Levi, I would kill more just to see who would win a fight. Both were formidable warriors, both were veterans in killing, and both were coldblooded to succeed.

Levi might use Lucian to win against Lucius but Lucian wasn't Lucius' weakness; he was his strength.

Hurting him would be Levi's biggest mistake.

"I just hope that my brother doesn't associate himself with unsavory, combative, and murderous individuals. He had a tendency to attract...extreme," Lucius sighed.

Well, the master did kidnap him.

Was he referring to himself?

The side of his heavy hand landed painfully on top of my head and I saw a deadly gleam in his eyes.

"I heard that."

====================================================

A/N: Hello. This is the epilogue. I know it's very short BUT I can't reveal so many things haha. If you have any questions or anything to point out please don't be afraid to tell me. I will start editing this now for the final draft while plotting for the 2nd version. 

Thank you! 

Update as of July 2023: I'm writing the second part of this book in webnovel. Actually the book is divided in three different parts now. If you'd like to read more please check out TierGodwin in webnovel and follow my IG: iamakumakegs for updates regarding the publishing of my books in kindle direct publishing. 

Arigatou!!!

🎉 You've finished reading Claiming Lucian (Let there be light and Let there be Darkness) Yaoi Book 1 and 2 🎉