8: Wicket

A loud, forced, shrieking and whining sound of a bird welcomed me as I entered right after Aramastus' pegacorn.

"Susvaagatam! (Welcome!)" A long-haired female (with a rather peculiar method of greeting people with a goose) hailed.

I stared wide-eyed at her and then at the goose in her grasp as she held it by its neck. She was smiling widely at me while chewing something. Her brown lustrous hair cascaded down her dark corset and ended at her waist. She was rather spritely...too jaunty compared to me as she kept on twisting her upper body and jumping from one foot to another.

"Lettice, may I beseech of you to put the poor goose down? It is rather inappropriate for us to be harming creatures of life such as that white-winged bird with a magnificent salamander orange-shaded beak," a feminine man spoke out as he waited by the entrance wearing a long-sleeved black dress which pooled down past his feet.

He was wearing a corset over the dress which portrayed his slenderness. His long black hair framed his ghostly pale face and his voice stood between masculinity and femininity.

"Must you overwhelm the newcomers with your intricate description Garrison?" an older male sitting at the far end of the stygian stone table questioned with a stern expression.

"Oh how charming!" Lettice squealed in delight when she saw Fenris.

The werewolf sat beside me and was then embraced by the woman. Fenris tilted his head back while staring at her rather awkwardly.

There were three sets of long tables in this gargantuan room. The ceiling was decorated with garlands of white flowers and luminous spoon-shaped objects protruding out of the ceiling  illuminated the whole room in a clear white light. The dark blue floor was smoothly polished and the wall was in a dark-gray shade of rough-brick stones.

"Bonne journée (Good day)" aniki greeted once he came up behind me.

He saw the goose that Lettice was holding and took it from her grasp before setting it free. The goose sprinted away in fear into an arched hallway where adventure awaits.

"What a splendid young man you are," Garrison complemented and sauntered towards me with much elegance.

He started to fix my cloak and brushed the strands of hair from my face before smiling kindly.

"Such alluring beauty you possess. Your pale skin glows ethereal yet not dead-looking such as mine. Your blue eyes shimmer like the ocean that would invite men to dive in not knowing the monsters you hide in your depths. Yet they shall be trapped not because of the deathly tides you bring but because of the waves of powerful love that will move their worlds and bring them peace in their own ghastly storms," he spoke out with much vigor in his tone and with much emphasis in the movement of his lips.

Was he mocking me? I was not taught by aniki on how to respond to such intricacy. Was he sniffing the same herbs as Aramastus was?

"Alright that's enough Garrison. My brother doesn't need your three days speech for each organ of his body," my brother brushed him off and wrapped his arm around me before hauling me to the middle table.

"And you!" Garrison now referred to Fenris who instantly broke free from Lettice and came running to my side.

The tables were filled with happy-looking people possessing amicable reactions as we made our way through. Aramastus disappeared somewhere leaving his pegacorn together with Argo. He just seemed to like to depart from every social event and get scolded because of his absence. Why did he not take me with him? Such selfishness.