24: Papercut

The steel bars of the jail gate slid shut to contain the accused, and to wait for sound judgment to be passed on once the investigation for the food poisoning had been finished.

It was bothering to see that one of the people who we had fought with was behind that gate and was being scrutizined thoroughly. This didn't feel right. My instincts told me that Garrison was innocent.

"Droog, did the pale woman really do it?" he asked me.

"I'm not sure breux and the woman is a man," I clarified.

Fenris gasped. "Droog why didn't you tell me?"

"I didn't think it was relevant information breux."

"I'm sorry Garrison, but Ikesha left you the responsibility to monitor the food preparations. There is no other person we could think of as of now who could do this," Lucius spoke with an apologetic tone but bearing a firm stance.

Garrison kept a small smile on his lips and relinquished a sigh. "I understand your doubts and it is partly my fault for not performing my duties accurately. This is the consequence for my laxness; I should have been more pernickety."

"Are you certain that you have not seen anyone suspicious in the kitchen? Name someone and it might save you from this judgement," Laeroth stated.

"Enginn (None), just please start to investigate everyone. I do not want to recklessly throw out names and put innocent lives behind these bars with me. I do appreciate you setting up my room as the cell area for I find the dungeon here very distatesteful," Garrison chuckled before heading to the round table and pouring himself a glass of wine.

The figureheads of the boonies exited the room one-by-one and Crowley who had a scorned expression finally verbalized his feelings.

"Never have I imagined that I would see you in this situation."

Garrison swirled the ruby red drink and crossed his legs. "I am touched to see you bothered by my predicament hanuman," he replied amusingly before looking at Lucian who was blankly staring at him. Garrison placed his wine glass down and rose up before bowing.

"My Lord, I am sure you are disappointed in me. I can understand if you would not grace me with your beauty after exiting this vile stockade."

Lucian maintained an expressionless composure and shut his eyes. "I will come and visit every now and then," he responded causing Garrison to raise his head and blink in shock.

"My Lord?" he questioned.

"If you really are guilty then you wouldn't have fought number XII like you did; you could have just handed me over and be done with it already," Lucian reasoned out.

Garrison became teary-eyed and knelt on one of his knees. "My heart is floating with the clouds as it sunbathes underneath the sun's unscathing warmth. Thank you for believing in me."

"We'll come and visit too! I'm sure we'll catch the real person behind this," Ziru positively assured.

Kox remained silent and we were requested to exit the room by the guards assigned to watch over Garrison.

Once we were out of their range of hearing, Ziru twirled around and jumped up and down. "Let's investigate!"

Crowley gave him a rude "huh" and Ziru pouted.

"We have to do something about this. I don't believe Mister had anything to do with this at all! Don't you agree onii-chan?" Ziru questioned Lucian which made Crowley pinch his ear up.

"Don't make Lord Lucian agree with your crap. We can't have him doing something so dangerous. Let the figureheads solve this."

"But what if one of the figureheads is behind this?" Kox asked, silencing Crowley and Ziru who were only beginning to argue.