34: Stone Cold

"You ungrateful brats— how dare you turn your backs against me?! I should have let you rot where you belonged! You all deserve to die in a gully!" Wye Fye screamed.

Sevor rolled his eyes as he restrained his ex-lover's hands behind her back in a tight grip. Wye Fye relentlessly gave out a willful fight with her clothes and hair disheveled in her distraught. The children watched her shameless display of hysteria and a lot of them brought their tongue out to tease her even further.

Slade came out of the house groggily and immediately glared at the primary cause of his awakening. The change of scenery caused by the purification awed him for a moment but Wye Fye's screeches reminded him of why he had to get up in the first place.

"If she's aiming to become a rooster to cuckoo the sleep out of our system, then I'd be the very first one to strangle the very talent she has for it," he threatened before his eyes went to me.

Sevor had an expression of guilt to his face as he couldn't look at his brother straight in the eye.

"Why did you leave my side?" Slade questioned me.

"I had an errand to run," I answered.

Slade scoffed. "What errand? I never asked you to do any errand and if you're going to join a marathon for that errand you should have thought of the possibility of being shot by a pigtail tit."

I never thought I'd say this but Slade wasn't a complete baka after all. He was the mighty prophet who we never knew existed but the very one who we all needed.

But to admit the talent he had for fortune-telling would devastate my image, therefore—I must defend Wye Fye at any cost.

"No pigtail tit has shot me. I blame my clumsiness for accidentally tripping on one of her arrows and having one currently pierced through my ankle. It was only right for her to push me off of Ryota for damaging the arrows she held dear to her soul. And now she is suffering because I have broken the seal of curse to your brother's self-government, that was the primary cause of your controversial conflict. Do you not pity her Slade? Do you not wish to mend her soul and stitch the slits to her broken heart?" I asked him.

"His Highness is born with the talent to execute villainous acts in the suit of an innocent lamb," a voice spoke in my head.

A child removed his worn fedora from his head and lowered it to his stomach as if giving his sympathies to a dead person. I could not read Slade's appearance while he stood perfectly still. It was unexpected of him to be completely composed but with how silent Wye Fye had become, I can tell that she was anticipating the horrors of her deeds.

Slade sauntered towards the woman and calmly lifted his hands. His limbs stayed in midair and in a wink his grip was already around her neck, with his face twisting slowly in a stern and unmoving expression.

"Slade...Slade!" Sevor shouted.

His younger brother responded with silence and had no intention of letting go any time soon.

Wye Fye released throttled noises but didn't seem to be weakening from the strangulation.

"Slade, strangling her won't kill her. She's a vampire," Sevor told his brother.

"I know," he scoffed. "That's why I'm waiting for you to wrench her crux out, or have you truly fallen for this woman that you're just gonna stand there and let me do everything for you?"

"I would but Lucian wants her alive."

Slade scowled at me. "And what is it to you if she lives or not?"