36: Prisoner

"I'll do it myself. Women look good in red don't they?"

I beg to disagree; they look better when they get trampled by the rubble of their dream after pushing people off of dragons and shooting someone at the ankle for no good reason.

I would like to set someone as an example but I'd like to give respect to those who were no longer breathing in this world.

Then again, they wouldn't be able to do anything since they were already deceased, weren't they?

I looked at Squawkey that turned to its left and lifted its wings to fly in the direction it was facing at. I was contemplating if I should follow the odd bird but I was persuaded that perhaps Squawkey wanted to show me more of the connecting events. I crouched and kept glancing in Klepton's and Rui's direction to see if they were noticing my movements. Once I was far enough, I ran to catch up with Squawkey that was kind enough to wait for me.

Squawkey led me to a tiny and scruffy cottage where two well-built women were currently seen at. Their tanned skinned glistened with sweat and their unique hairstyle stood out the most. The back part of their hair was tied into a ponytail while the front blond locks gently draped over half of their faces. One side of the head was shaved into an intricate design of the sun while the other had a star on her part.

They were tall, muscular, and looked strong overall.

Were they perhaps Gloom's daughters? They must have taken after their mother. Gloom was scrawny, pale-looking, and was about to die at any moment if he was to cough even once. These women were well-developed, had the healthy color of the sun, and looked like they would kill you with just a handshake.

So far I had a marvelous experience with each woman I meet. Perhaps this time they'll strangle me and play innocent once more.

"Oh my love, it wasn't our fault! He put his hands on his neck and began to choke himself. We tried to stop him but he persisted in suffocating himself! Please forgive us!"

Snickers sounded inside my head and I couldn't help but cough to stop the curl of my lips from furthering. I walked towards the women who were busy chopping wood and Squawkey soared down and stood on my head.

I must confess...that ax they were holding could severe my head at any given surprise. I stood farther away and proceeded.

"Domo," I greeted them. Gloom's daughters froze and I witnessed how their muscles tensed.

The both of them cautiously turned around and I bowed. Their vicious glares were met with my blank ones and they glanced at each other before squealing in a high-pitched tone. I was crushed into their womanly curves —they were stone-like— and Squawkey had to save himself from the death of their embrace.

"How adorable!"

"What's your name little one? Are you lost? Where are your parents?" one of them asked.

"My name is Lucian. I am most probably not lost. My parents are more or less 4 weeks away on foot. No, I don't need to go back to them. If I do happen to be lost, please help me find a werewolf named Caleb or an ancient named Lucius," I answered.

The two women smiled at me indicating a warm welcome. "My name is Ushet and my sister is named Ufuk," the woman with the sun tattoo under her eye introduced. "We live with our stepfather. He hasn't come back but we can still spare what little food we have with you," they offered.

I swayed my head in calm rejection and glanced at them sternly in the eye. "I have to decline. I came here to warn you. A ruffian will come here any time soon to avenge what has been stolen from him. I have no relation to him, your father, or to whoever is involved in this. I just happened to pass by and decided to relay the message."