25: Catastrophes

"I simply want to have a harmless conversation with the people who want me gone and you seem to be their representative."

I had never heard Lucian speak so adult-like ever since we had met. I was expecting him to continuously be infantile, obstinate, and perfunctory but this occurrence only showed that when he was serious about something, he can be more than just a gorgeous blonde.

My instincts caught the movement of fire and I used my body as shield and absorbed the blaze aimed at Lucian.

"Caleb," Lucian called out monotonously. "Are you alright?" he asked.

"Bastards!" Crowley snapped and charged at the caster of the fire.

I turned to look at him and he was staring blankly at me. "This is nothing to me," I replied with a smile.

Lucian shut his eyes and my body tensed when Lettice finally charged ahead with a sneer on her face. Lucian placed his hand on my chest and I stared at him with confusion.

Will he really handle this on his own?

"Let her," he simply told me.

"No," Fenris and I responded.

Never.

What was he asking from me?

Was he telling me to just look while these people hurt him for no reason?

I caught Lettice's fist and blocked her incoming kick. Ziru shot at anyone who made a move at Lucian but he was careful at not aiming at their vital points. When lightning shot out and extended towards our destination, I quickly embraced Lucian and let the electricity sink into my skin.

Lettice continuously landed punch after punch on my body which had lesser impact due to her own injuries, but the thought of Lucian telling me to allow her to do what she wanted to him infuriated me to no end.

He had all this power yet he won't use it to protect himself.

"I told you to let her," Lucian murmured. "Just let her."

I ground my teeth and embraced him even more. "That's one thing I won't ever obey from you."

"But you are getting hurt because of me," he reasoned.

"That's okay," I assured him. "I take every punch because you're important to me."

I won't ever let this woman lay another finger on him.

Lucian returned my embrace and he leaned his head against my chest before water slammed Lettice out of the way and engulfed her into a watery sphere. He pulled away from me and looked up at the drowning Lettice. The leaves threatening above us pierced through the sphere containing the woman and dark red blood began to swirl in the clear water.

Lettice's restlessness became severe agitation and my blood ran cold with what power Lucian can release in a whim. Everyone stood horrified at the view and every attempt made to stop what was occurring was only thwarted by Lucian.

When fire was sent towards our way, Lucian extinguished it with water and efforts as such were smoked. Ravaging zephyrs tried to lacerate us but they were instantly tamed into a breeze. Electrical currents which were firm in their direction were effortlessly swayed to shoot at the skies. Once the earth tried to betray us, the cracks daring to become a trap agilely had a change of heart and became recalcitrant to the one who first orchestrated it.

The sphere broke down and Lettice dropped to the ground, soaking in her own blood yet she was still alive. Coughs broke through the silent and petrified environment and Lucian challenged them.