59: Fallen Angel

A/N: Previously on Claiming Lucian
"I Am XIII, I cAn bE of aNy nUmbEr of the HIghEr OrdEr."

"Everyone, get away from that thing!" Sevor yelled out with much urgency in his voice.

"My name is Caspian, the husband of Queen Titia, your mother's sister. I'm also very much dead."

-----------------------------------------

I think I had finally reached the ceiling—I probably blew up the roof already.

"Oh sweet nephew, you've already lost your senses a long time ago," he politely aided and lovingly ruffled my hair. "That is one of the many traits that people adore about you."

Was that a compliment or was that an insult? I cannot tell. He smiled as if the world had done nothing wrong to him.

I brushed away the strands of hair from my face and looked straight at this man claiming to be my relative. Caspian tilted his head at me and wore a facade of a smile.

"How you've grown. It is good to know that our sacrifices weren't in vain."

The word sacrifice instantly triggered my inquisitiveness.

"What do you mean by that?"

The brightness of our surroundings began to flicker and slowly, the ancients resting disappeared one by one.

Caspian sat with a dignified posture and kept his expression calm and welcoming. He was an overall congenial man but was shrouded in mystery.

What were dead ancients doing inside my head?

"You are a miracle to both life and death. Always remember that."

With another flicker of darkness, Caspian vanished and I rose and searched for him, as I searched for answers regarding the puzzles of my identity.

"What are you keeping from me?" I asked.

What was I?

Why did people keep dying for my sake?

The light had completely deserted me and voices echoed through my mind as the topic tore the sheet of my core; leaving me bare to the freezing temperatures, vulnerable to the opportunists, and flimsy to the abusers.

"He's the reason why this happened! Everything is his fault!" Slade growled. His voice held rage and vengeance and the ground shook from the might of his fury.

I didn't want them to die.

"His kind killed my whole pack. He needs to die. I'll end him myself and with his death, I shall follow," Caleb spoke sternly.

I wasn't like them. I was not a Catastrophe. I didn't want anyone to die because of me.

"Lucian is a catastrophe...I can't believe he manipulated us all.  Wye Fye died because of him. I won't forgive him...never!" Sevor yelled.

I tried to save them. I tried to keep them alive.

And I knew that no matter how much I apologize; I cannot return the life that was stolen from them.

I should have died in their stead.

"Lucian, can you hear me?"

I stiffened at the presence of another man inside my head, who reached out through the clouds of this stormy feeling inside of me.

The light that materialized into man shone in front of me and I reunited with the masked angel who we met before.

He was on his knees which were fanned out; his shoulders slumped, his back slouched, and his head bowed in submissiveness. He was shackled with his wings bound together by a massive clip that made his silver-blue wings drip with blood.