20: The Scent of You and Only You

It was ironic to hear how everyone was turning against Ulmer with just a few days of him managing the pack. Once upon a time most of them would bathe in the river he would usually cleanse in and sniff whatever flowers he would snuffle on. Now, I would frequently see the grudge-bearers urinating in the river that Ulmer was frequently seen in and stomp on the flowers that he would usually tut on.

The commotion outside was too good to miss. Mama brought me a cup of steaming cocoa and our family watched the dispute that Ulmer got himself into. The plaintiff was my papa's beta and he was a good friend of the family.

Wulfurin lunged towards Ulmer and the latter shocked him with his electric currents. Wulfurin was one of the oldest warriors of the pack and though Ulmer was a promising alpha considering his strength, the veteran was still a good match for him.

The lightning went on for a few seconds before Ulmer stopped and looked at him pompously.

"You do know who you're up against right?" he scoffed.

The older wolf sneered at him. "I do know who you are: the entitled child who grew another pair of balls when he was just placed in a momentary position after a shameful loss!" he snarled before the ground under the younger wolf collapsed and the surrounding walls of the newly formed crevice slammed and left his head protruding out.

"You're going to regret this!" Ulmer seethed as he attempted futile struggles against the earthly restraint. He released electric currents to disintegrate the soil around him but Wulfurin had another trick up his biceps.

Once Ulmer thought that he broke away from the accursed walls of his enemy, the beta extracted metal from the element he was blessed with and used that to restrain Ulmer into a metallic cocoon.

"Vaffanculo (Go fuck yourself) Wulfurin!" he cussed in frustration as his ability was conducted with the metal.

This was very satisfying to watch.

"What do you think you're doing you scum?!" Basba yelled and squeezed through the crowd. "Get out of my way!" he barked and pushed the remaining bodies blocking him.

"Here comes baldy!" Fenris chirped. "Fenris likes crystal balls..." he cooed.

"Yeah Breux, I don't think I'll give you a thumbs up on that."

When Basba saw the pickle his son was in, he became hysterical and began to order the pack around.

"What are you people standing around for? Get this roguish mutt out of here! He dared harm the Chief and for what; his sluttish and dispensable daughter?" he scoffed which irked Wulfurin even further.

"You are sickening!" my papa's beta snarled. "So all of the omegas here are dispensable to you? Did you hear that?" Wulfurin scorned before landing his right foot up front and having the earth spit Ulmer to the surface. Basba caught Ulmer before he could fall back into the hole which would have been so hilarious to see.

"All of your daughters and sons bearing an omega blood can be used and abandoned by this coward once the rogues come to take their own pleasurable dip into their flesh!" he roared and pointed an accusatory finger at the subject of his hate.

This was getting intense.

"Droog I'm scared to watch!" Fenris whimpered.

"Keep an open eye Breux we're just getting to the good part," I urged him.

Wulfurin's statement got the pack all riled up and ready to lash out on them. Ulmer and Basba weren't in the best spot to add wood to the fire but then again they will always try to put themselves on a pedestal no matter what the situation was.