45: Believers

"We should get away from here as soon as possible!" I shouted.

No way will I fight something like that.

There was just no way I can—

"You must be Rui, how is your kind faring without a God ruling you?"

My eyes widened when that deep and sultry voice laid sweltering footprints in my mind. My eyes shot at the revived God that stood more than twenty feet from the ground and I shivered from its intense and knowing gaze. His six tails swayed in motion and his grin widened.

Were somas born to be that humongous?

"Such a shame that your dear Ta oppressed such potential. Such a waste...Tsk...Tsk."

My breath hitched and I clamped my ears. "Get out of my head..." I seethed through my teeth.

"Hm...so how about it? Why don't I just revive your father-figure? I'm sure you'd be glad to be reunited with him."

"Shut up!" I roared.

Garmir raised his claw up facing the purple skies and electricity began to surge through his visible flesh.

"I will crush my brother's creations and rule this world and the next."

"He is alive," Lucian spoke and stared intently at the ground where Garmir stood.

"I'm pretty sure he's dead. His weakling body couldn't have survived that blast," I scoffed, trying to divert my attention from Garmir invading my thoughts.

The blonde man clucked his tongue and I saw a flash of annoyance in his gaze before it disappeared and left blankness.

"That gizzard-looking skeleton man is in my way..." he deadpanned and raised his arm.

The ground began to shake judging from the sound of the earth tearing from below and metal pierced through Garmir's feet and he was flipped away.

My jaw dropped and I gave Lucian a quick glance. I'll add him to the list of people that I shouldn't anger.

"Skwak must take Lucian away from here," the giant bird murmured like it was his life-long mission to protect the blonde man.

"We must first retrieve Saint."

Skwak turned his head to look at Lucian before swaying his head. "No, Saint told Skwak that Skwak must protect Lucian at all costs. That is what Saint wants. That is what Skwak wants. That is what Sin wants."

Confusion was splattered all over my comprehension.

How did he know about Sin?

"I do not need protection," Lucian stubbornly replied. He raised his gaze at Skwak and his dull eyes were now filled with resolve. "I do not want to be a Prince in a world full of suffering."

Skwak tightened his hold on me.

"Skwak understands. Skwak will follow you wherever you go."

Lightening shot out of the skies and Skwak tossed us away to solely claim the strike of the God. My body was carried safely to the ground by the winds which were most likely Lucian's doing and my eyes directly opened to witness Skwak get electrocuted.

He couldn't have survived that could he?

Garmir stood up with a bored look on his face and I was immediately on my feet yet I froze once his bloodshot eyes darted at me.

The strike of lightning stopped and Skwak's toasted form fell.

"This world is full of weaklings yet..." Garmir trailed his last words before inhaling a hefty amount of air and a menacing grin spread across his face. "Many Gods reside here...and one of them is near..."