21. John's Past

(Next Day)

Delsin was seen waking up in the comfort of his own room. He only slept for a good hour as the rest of the night was just him sitting up and talking to John. It was an honest discussion as he really couldn't fall asleep, thinking hard about who he just fought hours prior to this moment. He personally dropped Nejire home after the whole ordeal, neither saying a word after that.

Once they reached her door, the only word was spoken was Nejire's as she said bye but she also said she'd give him a call the next day which he nodded and just left. There wasn't really any thing to say, not after what transpired that night. He ran back to his apartment building, using his Light Speed. He really couldn't be bothered at the moment and he was sure the city had bigger problems than to focus on one kid using his quirk to get home.

Once he reached the his place he immediately went to his room, changed into his PJ's and sat on his bed. He just sat in the room, with just his thoughts. It was then he began talking with John

(Flashback!)

Delsin finished changing his clothes after a long thoughtful shower about everything that had occurred a few hours prior. He hopped into bed and layed between the cool sheets and mattress. It was honestly haunting him about what Akaguro was saying. It was haunting him because, he thought he was right in every way, other than how he went about it.

He knew the hero business nowadays are mostly just about making themselves look good or in it just for the money, like Uraraka, though her reasons are a bit different. She just wants the money to help take care of her parents, as they put everything aside for her and are very poor at the moment, so in that aspect, that's being a hero, at least in his eyes.

Most of the pro heroes today are just in it to be famous and rich, so in that aspect, he could agree with Stain, something must be done about that. But to go as far as crippling them or just plain up kill them us a bit extreme. Then they were the villains. Sure, most of them were just psychotic people who needed to be put in their place but what about the ones who were innocent?

He never really have it much thought since he started U.A, especially after the U.S.J incident but after tonight, he thought about how U.A had been drastically changing his beliefs on things. He had been buying into their own version of hero bullshit that he was slowly forgetting his own version of what a hero shoukd be. Sure, he still held Cole Magrath in his heart as his #1 but the school had been drilling into his head about following their beliefs in what a hero should and slowly, he began to follow.

When he now thought of villains after tonight, he still thought that most were bat shit crazy but what about some. He knew they were villains out their that had drastically been wronged by the current or past hero society. Some do it because, it's all they know. Hell, some heroes paint the villain to be the worst type of person when in actuality, they're not, they're just doing what they need to just to survive.

And what pissed him off was that the heroes themselves do absolutely nothing about it. Yes, they're villains that are deserving of their punishment but what about the ones who aren't? The ones who have no other options? Like innocent orphan children who were raised on the harsh streets, having no one to turn to. What do the heroes do? They don't try and help the young children by sending them to homeless shelter or orphanage, or a food bank to eat. No, just knock his/her's little ass out and lock their ass up.

It's disgusting how people seem to care so much for the rules but not so much for the same thing that created these rules in the first place; another human. He knew it was important to follow the rules, otherwise he'd be as barbaric as the same psychotic villain that broke them but he won't follow it at the expense of someone else's life. No way. He'll break a thousand rules if it meant to save some one else's life. Cause unless that person has no regard for it, every human life to him is worth keeping.