45. The Return Of Light

Timeskip - 1 year

A calm year had passed since the last time he had been home. It was almost still almost felt like he was just there, with everyone. Laughing, fooling around as he ought to be. Not a care in the world that would plauge his entire thoughts. If only that were true, then he wouldn't be right where he was now doing exactly what he could've been doing at home with everyone but alas, his obligations were entirely too serious just to take time with everything and his power was too dangerous to develop with others near by.

The island near the coast of Amsterdam, where one of his current mentor's hideouts were when he was taking shelter from the public. It was remote, lowkey, a perfect place where they could train and let loose. "Well, I can say that your progress during the year was quite impressive, you have almost completely mastered your quirk, John would be proud" his teacher said. He nodded his head with a small smile. "Well, I can only have my teacher to thank! Without you, I highly doubt I'd get this far in one year" the boy spoke to his teacher in praise.

The teacher laughed. "Well I am great huh?! But still, the only person who needs praise is you. I don't know how you did it with this extensive training and to top it off, your heavy work load from U.A. Are they trying to melt your brain?!". The conduit Mode user laughed. "Well to be fair, I did miss my final semester as a first year and I couldn't do what my other classmates did since I was absent so I had to do make up work. Aizawa really isnt one to take pity on a hard working student already!" he bickered.

The teacher spoke. "Well yes besides the school work, you surpassed my expectations. You have mastered your quirk but there is still one move you have yet to learn, this move would be the game changer in things, kid". The boy glared. "I don't think I'll be able to do what John does, that Lava form of his. It's too hard to maintain it, even for me. I have at least 5 minutes in that form and it's also really ugly". The teacher laughed, thinking about his late friend. "Well, that was more John's thing. He had this fascination for being bigger than things since his height was at least 5'9, but I'm not talking about that part. I'm talking about that". The conduit mode user then caught on to what he was saying.

He glanced up into the sky as he sat on his but with his hands balancing his weight behind him. He was just gazing up in the clouds. "I don't know if I'll be able to master that.....". "You limit yourself because of your fear of heights but nothing can actually hurt you. Why are you so scared?". The boy frowned. "It's stupid reason really...". The teacher frowned. It's been like this for over the last 2 months of the Training trip. He has been trying to get the kid to do the last but overall easiest power up to do but for some reason it was the most trying of all of them.

He couldn't get him to do it no matter what he tried. It wasn't because it was hard to master but something mentally stopped him from achieving this obstacle but its he'll get hin to do it today, the last day of training before he went home. "Well, stupid or not, you're going to do it. Today is the last day and if there is one thing I hate in this world is to have a product unfinished before its deadline. So, do your normal warm up's and get to it. I want to see you have this down by the end of this day, kid! Understood?!". the conduit mode user nodded, getting up off the sand. He dusted his hands from the sand and activated his quirk to his highest form.  "Let's do this!".

Timeskip 9 hours later

We find the conduit mode user, land on his soft bed in a hotel room that he and his teacher were renting for the night. Usually over the year, they'd usually sleep in a small make shift cabin in the deepest regions of the forest on the island, away from the public since it would be easeri to just train hard as soon as he'd touch outside but since it was their last night officially on this Island, they decided to do it big before heading home. It was a nice four star hotel with two separate rooms. His teacher took the bigger room but he didn't care, it was just nice to sleep on an actual soft bed.