38. Love

"You're coming along quite well, Rowe-San. Keep it up!" Cementoss said, congratulating the boy. Delsin removed his hands from the ground and smiled. "Thanks but I still have a lot to do in order to catch up where I left off before everything happened!" he said as he slammed his hands down on the ground again, creating a even greater tremor than before.

Over the time Delsin has been back at U.A, Delsin had been training himself again, day in and out to be better than. He had been slacking off his training since John died and he was a bit rusty in his technique so he needed training. He also needed to control his new power more so he asked Cementoss, who had a similar quirk, to show him some moves.

Each day after class, Delsin would go to Gym Gamma and train his butt off. Cementoss, while stern, was actually a great instructor. He taught him that his power must be as strong as his will. So when creating a wall of concrete, he must believe the wall won't fall and be sure of it. If he were to doubt or not believe, it will not stand. At first, Delsin's walls were absolutely trash. He couldn't even make a wall the size of a fence but that was because he still somewhat doubted it within himself.

It's also the fact that he was straining himself while doing it. He was as stiff as a board when he was creating stuff with concrete but Cementoss said he did not need to be as tense, just let it flow out like a hose. His power is cement so that means it's a bit liquefied so it flows out easily when you're relaxed. Delsin saw what he meant and when he tried it, it became a lot easier to create walls and drills. He even uses a bit of his strength to make tremors when he punches the ground. His shooting powers are also really deadly with concrete.

If he were to shoot someone with a shard of concrete, if left untreated for a time being, the concrete will mold onto the bones of the targets body and make them immobile and depending on where they were shot, die. He understood then why Augustine was so powerful and why his brother recruited her but he was glad she was going to the max security prison, she'll never get out cause he didn't want to deal with her again.

His brother and Alex on the other hand, he wanted to face them again. He wasn't revenge crazed like he once was but he still needed to stop them, they were his responsibility, he has to put them down, he just has to. Right now, he was now going to take a break as he needed to relax his body. He could go on for longer sure as his stamina hasn't depleted thankfully but he needed a drink anyway so he sat along the sidelines.

Cementoss walked over to him and patted his head. "You're coming along great, Rowe-san. Your concrete abilities are improving". Delsin smiled at the praise. "Thank you, Cementoss! Compared to you and Brooke, I still have a long way to go!". the block man laughed a bit before speaking. "Well that's true but that comes from years of practice to get good like we are, we'll at least for me, anyway. Whatever that Augustine woman is, she's got her methods. You however, are different. Your power is different. How you train with it is different as well. By all your gifts alone, you've already surpassed us in that area but you just need to continue growing!".

Rowe nodded his head in understanding. He can never become the best overnight, he needs to work harder. That is the fruit of all great heroes and even villains: hard work. John trained in his powers, Cole trained with his powers, All Might did with his powers and so on, so forth and soon he'll be like them: One of the greats. Cementoss got up from beside him. "Well, I have to get going. It's getting late. We'll pick this up, same time next week right?". Delsin nodded his head as the two went separate ways.

Delsin headed to the change room of the school to shower but when he got there, his phone vibrated, indicating he just recieved a text. He opened his phone and smiled, seeing the text he got was from Nejire.

Neji-chan💙: Hey Del-kun, how was training?

Infamous_Hero💥: Oh it wasn't so bad, I'm getting back in shape, 1 step at a time😭