48. Rising Battle! Class A Vs Team Nine

It was night time on Nabu Island, the entire town was in a wreck due to the attack of the team Nine. Said team was in a lighthouse just in the very outskirts of the island. In a room, Nine was seen laying down on the bed, resting while Slice and Chimera were watching over him. "Do you think he'll last for tomorrow?" Slice asked. Chimera sighed. "Honestly, who knows? It's not like the brats are any trouble but the one who keeps doing this to the boss, that Conduit-Man. Who is he, anyway? Why the hell is he so strong?".

Slice sighed. "Exactly! It's not like the rest of them are any problems. It's just him....did you hear back from Mummy?". "Mummy got captured by those brats. They ganged up on him and..... You know what happened....". Slice growled in annoyance because the team is now low on members and this will make things even more difficult. Their plans may be in danger due to this minor setback. They never expected to lose their a member of their group so suddenly and not to a bunch of kids. But still, they'll proceed tomorrow as soon as Nine wakes up and regenerates his power.

"Well, I wouldn't get too comfortable now...." new voice said in the window of the room. The two went into action as they saw a man in a long black trench coat with a red dragon mask. Slice immediately sent some needles his way to kill him but the man slit his wrists to bleed out a blood shield but Chimera tried to punch the man out the tower but he held his ground firmly before he pushed back and planted Chojuro on his ass. Slice whipped her hair at him, trying to slice him in half but the man grabbed her hair easily and sent red electricity through the hair to shock her. "Ahhhh!" she shouted before passing out.

Chimera growled in anger as he saw his teammate knocked out so easily. He sent a powerful punch to the man but he caught it very easily and smirked through his mask. "Pain". Pain shot through Chojuro's body, making the man grunt in everlasting suffering while the man held his hand. The intruder had enough of seeing him in such discomfort so he easily just knocked him out the destructive left hook to the face that shook the room. As Chimera fell, the man was left to a silent room before he heard Nine's voice.

"You easily took care of my team in a matter of seconds without even killing them. Who are you?". The man turned to Nine, who was still in his bed, and spoke. "Buddy, it don't matter who the fuck I am. All that matters is that you have something that I want so you best give it up or this room gets bloody. I know that blasted doctor has given it to you to boost your power to its max so just hand it over".

Nine just layed there with no emotion passing his face. The intruder watched his partially covered face and frowned once he noticed his face mask was glowing purple. He pulled the covers off of him, seeing his full body suit. Seeing this just confirmed his suspicion. "That fucking doctor!". He pulled off his mask and slammed it to the ground in frustration, showing his face.
Nine only looked at him with exhaustion written on his face. "Yes, Dr. Daruma used the Blast Shard to further enhance my abilities. You can say that I am the Blast Shard".

Reggie punched the wall near him, creating a huge whole in it as his anger got the best of him. He was so close. So close to making his dream a reality. After he collected the blast shards, he can go into his Phase 2 of his plan but now he was set back. He turned to Nine. He had red lightning in his hand, ready to kill this man. Nine saw this but he didn't do anything. He didn't have the energy to do anything so he just laid there, accepting his death. "You were after the same thing....as him... Conduit-Man. He did this to me....just for that shard....".

That made Reggie stop in his tracks as he heard that name. His brother was here? 'So he must've caught wind of the Shard being here too. I like how fate works in our favour, Delsin'. He looked at Nine and smiled. "Oh really? My brother did this to you? That must mean you're incredibly weak or he's gotten way stronger". Reggie sat at the edge of the bed with a small grin. "You see, I know all about you Nine. The illness, the multiple experiments, your goal, etc, etc. Look, you're obviously a strong guy. You pulled together a good team and your end goal is practically the same as mine, complete control over everything, right? Well, I'll be able to cut you a deal. Join me and I'll promise you that together, we'll rule the world".