28. I-Island Invasion Part 2: Tower Complications

Previously...

"I have A plan....my original plan was to surge my power into the main computer of this building to send out my angels to stop the drones from attacking and blowing up the public but now it won't be as effective. Unless we could breakthrough the virus they have placed to rig the computers to blow-". "I can do it" Melissa interrupted. The group looked at the two. "Are you sure? Melissa, I'm not gonna lie to you, this is looking pretty bleak here. The plan has a 50% chance of success". She smiled proudly.

"I know that but I want to help. You're taking on so much on your own and I see your struggling. Besides, pmif I don't, people are gonna die. I can't have that! If I can do something to help, than I'll do it!" She said determinedly. Delsin smiled. 'It truly doesn't take a quirk to be a hero. You just need the heart and the will to push forward! Melissa's got it in spades!' He thought with a smile. "If that is the plan, then I'm right behind you Delsin-kun!" Momo said. "I will come too! I want to save them too!" Izuku said.

"Momo!/Deku!" Both Delsin and Melissa said in shock. "I'm with ya too! As long as we're helping people, we're still heroes!" Uraraka shouted. "Yeah count me in!" Jiro said with a cool smile on her face. "Rowe-San, I too, will accompany you" Todoroki said. "It can't be helped. I guess I must tag along to make sure you don't overdo it!" Iida said. "If that's the case I'll come with! Yeah, let's do this!" Kaminari shouted. Mineta cried as everyone turned to him. "WHAT'RE YOU GUYS CRAZY?! OKAY, ILL GO TOO!" He said.

Kaminari turned to Delsin. "So what's that on your hip?" He asked. Delsin looked down to see the RFI there, deciding on not telling them. "It's a reassurance weapon, that's all I'll say on the matter...." He said as he and everyone else moved to run out the door of the stair well, onwards to their destination.

Now!!!

"OH MY GOD! I CAN'T DO THIS! I CAN'T! GUYS, YOU'LL HAVE TO LEAVEME HERE! SAVE YOURSELVES!" Mineta shouted as he lied on the floor, clutching his heart as he was losing his breath. He felt the light above him was becoming brighter as he felt his body lose feeling. "Mineta, we're only on the 10th floor. We only ran up four levels. Stop being such a baby!" Delsin sighed in annoyance. Really this kid was starting to get on his nerves.

"Yeah Mineta-kun, you can't give up now! We have to keep pushing!" Izuku encouraged as the group moved forward. "Melissa-san, how many more flights of stairs are there to reach to the top floor?" Momo asked. The blonde teen frowned as she thought. "We have 190 more levels to go!". "JESUS CHRIST!" Delsin yelled already feeling tired. That's how everyone knew it was bad. If a stamina freak like Delsin is worried about flights of stairs then it's truly bad. "Why is there that many floors?! Do y'all scientists really need that many floors?!".

Jiro sent a ear plug in Delsin ear, jolting him with sound waves. "Stop your complaining! This is your idea anyway, deal with it! We can make it!" she said. "Yeah, I did say that, that was before I learned how many floors there were. Now I'm a little more content with death" he said while sitting on the step. "Wait, actually?!" Uraraka asked, not believing the number one student in her class was actually giving up! He sighed to himself. "of course not! Alright everyone! Let's move!". With that order, the class moved up the stairs with more vigorous energy.

"So wait? Update me on the plan again!" Todoroki said running right behind Delsin. "The plan is to have Melissa over here to try and override the virus. Hopefully she's no normal hacker but since she knows this system like the back of her hand, it should be easy. I also plan on surging my video power through the software and send a little virus of my own....". "Meaning what exactly?" Kaminari asked.  "Meaning I'll be able to send as many angels I want through any monitors I want, saving the millions from the immediate drone attacks..." Delsin explained. "You plan to make the Island a war zone! That's crazy" Iida said.