Rig in action

The next day, they received a text from Rig.
Rig: I'm in New York now
Kasumi: Good
Hayate: Any signs of Christie?
Rig: Not yet
Rig: I'm hanging out in bars as much as I can
Rig: I'm in one right now actually
Ayane: Don't get drunk
Kasumi: Yeah that's the last thing you need right now
Rig: Don't worry
Rig: I'm only taking light shots
Hayate: Good
Hayate: Don't drink too much
Rig: Gotta go
Rig: She's coming
Ayane: Good Luck
Kasumi: Remember our plan
Christie came over and sat down next to Rig. Rig pressed the record button on his phone using the texting app.
"You've grown so much since the first time I saw you," said Christie, sipping on the martini she ordered. "How have you been? Do you miss me?"
Rig was pretty freaked out by her. He had no idea who the heck she was, but she seemed to know everything about him.
"I don't even know who you are," Rig said, shaking his head. "Are you some distant relative that I don't know?"
"I guess you can say that," Christie said mysteriously. "Yes I guess I am a distant relative of yours."
"What do you want with me?" Rig finally asked. "You always seem to make a beeline for me!"
"Well, you wanna know what I want from you?" Christie asked. "This is what I want from you, I want you to come with me."
"Who are you even?" Rig exasperated. "I don't even know who you are! Why must I come with you?"
Christie just calmly got up from the barstool and walked away. Rig was even more confused than ever. Then he felt it. He suddenly felt a terrible pain in his head, like he always did when Christie was around. He screamed in agony because it hurt so bad, but this time, he was able to fight it. He heard some voices in his head, telling him that he should follow Christie. He stopped recording and sent the recording to the others. He sent another short voice text, in a low voice to the others, saying that he's okay and that he fought it. He followed her, but not against his own will. This is because of the immunity that he received from Lisa. He followed Christie, still confused at what he should do.
The others received the recordings that Rig sent to them. They crowded around Kasumi to hear the recording together.
"Wow what is her relationship with Rig anyway?" Ayane asked, amused. "Like she does act like some distant relative."
Just then, they came to the part when Rig started screaming in pain.
"Oh my gosh, is he gonna be okay?" Kasumi said, concerned. "Poor Rig... he really is being tortured by his father."
The recording stopped when Rig was breathing heavily. The others were even more concerned about Rig.
"Wait there's another recording," Kasumi said, quickly pressing on it. "It's very short."
They played it and heard Rig's voice, sounding more relaxed.
"Guys, I'm fine," said Rig. "I fought it."
"That's a relief," Kasumi said, glad that he managed to fight it. "I began to think that the immunity didn't work."
"It did," said Hayate. "Now we wait for more news."
Rig still continued to follow Christie. Bass walked into the bar too. He saw Rig and immediately started to greet him the way he usually did.
"Hey my man Rig!" Bass exclaimed loudly. "How ya doin'?"
Rig was gonna greet him the same way, but then remembered.
"Who are you?" Rig asked. He winked, hinting that this was all a play. "Never seen you before."
Bass saw Christie waiting for Rig not far off and understood Rig's wink and nodded slightly. He winked too and played along.
"What's up with you?" Bass asked, sounding concerned. "What's gotten into you? It's me! Bass Armstrong! Yer favourite old man!"
"Bass Armstrong?" Rig repeated with a confused expression. "Never seen or heard of ya."
With that, he walked away. Bass acted confused but inside, he knew what Rig was up too. He felt proud of Rig because he was finally able to fight that mind control thing. Rig still got the commands that MIST put into his head but wasn't forced to obey them. He followed Christie into some lab building. He finally got to see MIST. He hadn't even heard about it before that, but now he was there, willingly.
Rig was commanded to go to MIST's lab and see NiCO. So he did. He went silently to NiCO and just stood there, waiting for her command.
'Now what is she gonna make me do?' Rig thought to himself. 'Is she gonna make me kill someone?'
"Ah, Victor Donovan Jr! Bring Helena to me," NiCO said without even looking up from her work. "If she doesn't budge, force her here. Tie her up if you need to. She'll be at the DOATEC building."
Without asking any questions, Rig just turned around and walked away, confused. He felt disgusted when she called him Victor Donovan Jr. It wasn't his real name. His real name was Vincent.
'So this is what they make me do,' Rig thought. 'This just gives me nausea... why is he even controlling me? I only wanted a normal life...'
He arrived at the DOATEC building and texted the others on the way there.
Rig: NiCO asked me to bring Helena to her
Hayate: Then do it
Rig: But how?
Rig: Should I tell her about it or literally just beat her up and bring her?
Kasumi: Try to reason with her
Ayane: Just tell her about it and bring her there
He went in and looked for Helena. He found her at her office and she got up from her desk.
"What brings you here?" Helena asked, standing up from her desk. "Why the sudden arrival?"
"Umm Miss Helena?" Rig said, much to Helena's surprise. "Can you come with me? To MIST?"
"What for?" Helena asked, confused. "Why do you want me to come with you?"
Rig explained as much as he can to her.
"I understand," said Helena. "Glad you can fight it now. Kasumi was texting me about something, but I didn't finish reading because you arrived."
"Yeah, I can fight it thanks to Lisa," said Rig. "The ninjas helped me too. They brought me to Lisa and she gave me immunity for the mind control thing."
"Yeah she told me," said Helena. "Come on, then. Let's go."
"You're just gonna come like this?" Rig asked, confused. "It would be obvious that you just came with me without a fight..."
"You wanna fight, then?" Helena asked, getting into her stance. "Come on, lets fight!"
"Here?" Rig asked in surprise. "Okay then, but if your office gets ruined, don't blame me."
"You don't have to fight me like that," said Helena. "We can just have a light fight. Just beat me up a bit."
"You sure?" Rig asked doubtfully. "You sure about this?"
"Just do it," said Helena. "And then tie me up."
"Okay then," said Rig. "But if it hurts, don't blame me."
They sparred a little bit because they didn't really wanna destroy her office and didn't wanna waste time.
They only fought until they were a little bruised. Rig apologised and tied her up. She was cooperative when he was tying her up because she wanted to know what NiCO wanted too.
"There, come on," Rig said helping Helena up. "They'd think I beat you up nicely. Better act the part. I'm really sorry for this, Miss Douglas."
"No it's okay," said Helena. "I want to know what she wants too."
They went back to MIST laboratory and NiCO was waiting there for them.