Following the weirdo

Confused, Kasumi followed Ryu as he got up and slowly went towards where that weird guy was sitting.
"Do you think he followed us?" K' asked, watching the two of them casually walking towards him. "Like, we just moved from a different state, do you think he tracked us down?"
"I don't think so," said Maxima. "He wouldn't run away if he wants to follow us.
"Wonder what this idiot is up to," Hayate said to Ayane in a low voice. "Well, I hope he doesn't screw up..."
Ayane giggled and thought about what Kasumi was gonna do in a situation like this. She was almost 100% sure that she was gonna screw up.
The couple walked towards the guy, as if they wanted to join him, but casually missed and sat at a table in front of him.
Hayabusa started talking really loudly, prompting Kasumi to do the same thing too. While they casually talked, Hayabusa shot a few glances at the mystery guy's direction. But he did not seem to budge.
"Have you ever heard of MIST?" Ryu asked loudly, shocking Kasumi. "I heard that it's a very evil company."
"Yeah I guess I have," said Kasumi. "I heard they do cloning and stuff."
When he heard the word 'cloning' the man dressed in black winced a little. He choked on his root beer and started coughing. He was taking deep breaths to recover from his coughing fit.
Hayabusa noticed this and continued with the conversation.
"Yeah they do," said Ryu. "I heard they cloned this girl called Kasumi and altered the clones' DNA and stuff. Talk about freaky!"
"Yeah, poor girl..." said Kasumi, sympathising her own story. "She must've been really pretty if they cloned her that much."
Ryu tried to hide a laugh.
"Seriously?" Ryu said in a low voice. "You've got a really big head, Kasumi..."
"She may have been," Ryu said, loudly. "But I heard she was really powerful and strong. I heard she defeated this really big guy and won the tournament!"
"Oh but she didn't do it on her own," said Kasumi. "She did it with the help of her friend, Hayabusa."
"He doesn't have a clue that we're talking about ourselves," Kasumi whispered, glancing at the weird guy who was drinking from a large glass of root beer float. "Because knowing Donovan, he would be laughing or at least trying to smother a laugh by now."
"That's true too," said Hayabusa and got an idea. "Wait I've got an idea. He doesn't seem to be afraid of us, so lets call the KOF gang."
He texted K' to come over with Iori.
"He's calling us there," said K' reading the messages from Hayabusa. "Wait there's more. 'Don't bring Maxima because your hunch may have been right. He may have felt intimidated by Maxima's size.' Alright, so it's just the two of us. Come on, Iori."
The two of them got up and went towards Kasumi and Hayabusa.
"Hey Ryu!" K' exclaimed, going towards them while waving. "How are you doing?"
"Hey buddy," Ryu said, calling them to his place. "Join us!"
As soon as the two of them joined them, the four of them heard a gasp from the weird guy. They looked at him to see what he was doing and before they knew, he just got up, and walked towards the cashier, as calmly as he could.
"He's running away!" Kasumi said. "Looks like he doesn't know us, but he's definitely afraid of you guys."
"I've made a mistake," Maxima told the others. "His blood type isn't AB negative, it's AB positive! But that doesn't explain why he's acting really suspicious."
"So he isn't Donovan," Hayate frowned. "So who is he?"
"Donowho," said Ayane. "But judging by his actions with our friends, he definitely doesn't have anything to do with us. He only bolted after seeing K' and Iori."
"We can't let him get away like this," said Maxima. "Come on, let's catch him."
He gobbled up the raspberry pudding and chugged down the jumbo caramel latte. Hayate and Ayane watched in disbelief.
"Come on," Ayane said, getting up and running towards the others who were at the counter.
Maxima paid for the food within seconds. He paid with his system while the weird guy was still paying.
They left the store and climbed into their car. Maxima slipped behind the wheel with Hayate next to him.
"As soon as he comes out, we're following him," said Maxima. "We need to know who he is."
They saw him walking out of the shop, peeking over his shoulder and looking around. He took out his car keys and got into a black Toyota Avalon. He started pulling out of the parking lot.
They started pulling out too. They exited the parking lot and started following his car.
"Where is he going?" Hayate asked. "We better be careful because we have no idea where he might go, or where we might end up. We're not familiar with this place, we might even get lost!"
"Don't worry, I have a GPS system on me," said Maxima, eyes fixed on the road. "I can get us back to the hotel with no problem, don't worry."
They followed the black car and eventually they ended up in a more secluded part of the state.
"What's going on?" Ayane asked. "Where is he going?"
"This road leads to a more peaceful neighbourhood," said Maxima. "According to the data here, the houses here are at least one mile apart from each other."
"Talk about secluded neighbourhood," said Iori. "Even if we scream for help no one would here."
"Perfect place for me to live," said K'. "Nice and peaceful without disturbances."
"Nope," said Maxima. "The nearest sweet shop is like ten kilometres away from here. Not suitable for a sweet tooth like me."
"What about the nearest butcher?" Iori asked.
"Fifteen kilometres away," said Maxima. "Even if we wanted to get groceries we have to drive for miles and miles!"
"That's even worse," said Kasumi. "How would the residents even eat?"
They continued following him until he stopped at a house. It wasn't a big house, just a small one, fit for just one or two people to live in.
He parked the car in the porch and entered the house.
"Should we knock to see what's up?" Ayane asked. "I mean I really wanna know who he is..."
"Yeah same here," said Iori. "But he already saw most of us."
"There's only two people he didn't see," said Kasumi. "It's Ayane and niisan."
"Fine..." said Hayate. "Come on, Ayane."
The two of them got out the car and went towards the house. The day was cold and they pulled their jackets tighter. The gentle but freezing cold wind and the grey sky heavily indicated that a storm is coming, something that Hayabusa already sensed the day before.
"What should we say?" Ayane asked, walking towards the house with her brother. "I have no idea what to say."
"Well me too," said Hayate. "Let's just do something."
"I know!" said Ayane. "Let's speak in Japanese! He wouldn't understand us that way, if he really is Irish that is..."
Hayate nodded and they went towards the house.
"Here goes nothing," Hayate muttered and rang the doorbell.