The festival

Ayame had gotten them some traditional clothes to wear. The girls gratefully thanked her.
"Now, let's make lunch," said Ayame. "Where are the fish?"
"We're gonna have fish for years this time," said Shiden. "I hope Ayame doesn't run out of ideas."
"It's a good thing we didn't catch any fish," said Hayate. "Right, Ryu?"
"You're no fun," said Ryu. "You didn't even offer competition!"
"Yeah yeah, whatever," said Hayate, annoyed. "What about a sparring match before lunch?"
"Outside," Ayame said. "I don't want you to destroy the shoji again!"
"Fine," said Hayate. "Outside."
They went to have a spar outside. The others helped to prepare a variety of fish dishes and served it to everyone. They enjoyed the meal and started getting ready for the festival.
It has been a while since they went for the festival, especially Kasumi. She really looked forward to go. The Alphas were gonna go with them too. But they had to wear a disguise to keep them a secret, for now.
Honoka was excited too. She happily went with them, mainly with Hayate.
"I still remember how you always held my hand tightly when bringing me to the festival when we were kids," said Kasumi, remembering. "Gosh I miss those times..."
"I still remember how I always hid behind you when we went to the ghost festival," said Ayane. "Well, those were the times."
They attended the festival and enjoyed themselves, especially Honoka.
"Wait where's Honoka?" Ayane asked, looking around. "She was here just a minute ago."
"There!" Kasumi said, grinning and pointing to Honoka, holding skewered food near a stall. "She's eating."
"Honoka!" Ayane shouted, motioning her to come to them. "We should stick together, or else we can get lost in the crowd!"
"Sorry," Honoka said, coming to them while munching something. "Yakitori?"
"Yes please!" Kasumi said, taking one. "Thanks Honoka."
Then she disappeared again, only to be found eating a huge stick of dango. She loved eating the food that was sold there.
"Wait is that taiyaki?" Honoka said, running to the stall. "I want some!"
Ayane followed her this time and they both bought some. They bought some for the others too.
"This is so good!" Honoka said, eating the taiyaki. "It's the best taiyaki I've ever tasted!"
She mostly made a beeline for the food stalls. One time the others had completely lost her. They searched for her all over the place and found her eating Yakisoba near a stall.
"You guys want some?" Honoka asked, holding up her plate of yakisoba. "Sorry, I almost ate everything..."
"Just finish it," Hitomi said. "It's no use that we eat that little anyway."
"Wait, I'll buy some for everyone," Hayate said, going towards the stall. "You guys must be hungry after walking around so much."
"You bet we are," Kasumi said, sitting down next to Honoka. "And you, aren't you ever tired of eating?"
"Nope," Honoka said, her mouth full. "Never."
"I can see that," said Ayane, joining them. "Actually, I'm a little hungry too."
"The shows are almost starting," said Ryu. "Where's Hayate?"
"You wanna eat or not?" Hayate said, waiting for their food to be prepared. "There's still plenty of time, just be patient."
He brought the food to them and they ate it hungrily. Honoka finished her food and got tired of waiting for them so she decided to go and raid a stall that sold confectionery. She bought candied apples and strawberries on sticks and other sweets like cotton candy and karumeyaki.
Then she spotted a stall that sold friend chicken or karaage. Her eyes lit up as she ran to that store and bought some for herself and some for her cousins too.
The store also sold jaga mata and mini sponge cakes. She bought some of everything.
"The prices are surprisingly cheap around here," Honoka thought to herself, eating a candy apple. "I feel like if I keep this up, my wallet is gonna suffer..."
She went back to the yakisoba stall where the others were.
"I bought some snacks for everyone!" Honoka exclaimed, showing them a bunch of plastic bags. "Darn, it's getting hard to carry these around..."
"Wait I saw that the yakisoba seller had large plastic bags," said Hitomi, getting up and going to the stall. She asked for a plastic bag and handed it Honoka, who gratefully put all of the snacks inside it.
"Thanks, Hitomi," said Honoka. "I think we should get something for uncle Shiden and Auntie Ayame."
"I got them some Yakisoba," said Hayate. "You look like you got them lots of stuff."
"Yeah I got them some stuff," said Honoka. "I got some for us too. You wanna eat now or later?"
"I'm kinda full now," said Sakura. "We can eat it later."
Soon, the shows started and they all went to watch them. They really enjoyed, especially the Alphas and Hitomi. They had never seen such a thing in their life.
It was the grandest that day, since it was the last day for the year. The festival would only return the following year.
"I wanna get some souvenirs," said Hitomi. "What about you guys?"
"Yes!" The girls said in unison.
So they found a stall that sold souvenirs and went crazy over the stuff.
They bought traditional fans, good luck charms, oil paper umbrellas and wind chimes. They each bought decorative kanzashi too.
Kasumi bought some stuff for her mother too. She really loved her mother more than anyone in the world. Honoka got her     some souvenirs too, as a gratitude of their welcome.
"This is the best time of my life," Mist said, walking home with the others. "I wish I can stay forever."
"Well, you are," said Kasumi. "This village is your new home."
"Thank you, everyone," said Daisy. "You have changed our lives!"
They went home and decided to eat the food that they got. Honoka supplied the most food. She even got a souvenir for everyone.
"You have a very kind heart," said Shiden. "Your mother has raised you well."
"Thank you, uncle," said Honoka, bowing in respect.
They went to bed that night after playing a long and intense game. Honoka shared a room with Hitomi. They were happy after going to the festival for the first time in their life.