The Winner

"Hey Ryo," King said, coming towards her boyfriend. "Sorry you lost the match. You were great!"
Ryo just grinned and looked away in embarrassment.
"Yuri said that girl is strong," King said comfortingly. "If even she can't handle that Hitomi girl, then I guess I can't either. Not without training that is..."
"Yeah that's true," said Ryo. "I wonder how dad's gonna do."
"Does he really think he can continue fooling people with that disguise?" King asked. "But this time there's something different..."
"Yeah he's been training lots," said Ryo. "I still don't get the deal with that mask though..."
"Why isn't the announcer announcing the first round?" Hitomi asked, confused. "I just wanna get this fight over with. This man is giving me the chills..."
"Well I never expected I'd have fight someone younger than my daughter," said Mr Karate. "But you must be strong, considering you beat all three of my best disciples. You are no ordinary girl."
"Thanks, Mr Karate," Hitomi said with a bow. "I will only give you my very best effort!"
"Same goes for you, girl," said Mr Karate.
Hitomi sensed a very menacing air about him. But she also knew that he was a good man under the mask.
"Sorry for the delay, but there was a technical difficulty," the announcer finally said. "Sorry for the inconvenience. Now we shall start the fight. Round One. Fight!"
Hitomi gulped as she got into her fighting stance.
"You can do this Hitomi," she thought before the fight started. "You can do it. I can do this. I'm a fighter!"
The fight started and she realised that she had to be defensive. She started blocking and dodging his attacks and countered them. She backed away and ran forward, jumping and landing a kick at him. She ran in the opposite direction and backed herself to the wall. She ran a little way up the wall and did a flying kick at him. When he was on the ground, she gave him a ground attack.
He quickly got up and gave her a Zanresuken, causing her to hit the floor. Hitomi jumped back up and punched him so hard that he flew back and hit the wall.
The fight went on and soon Hitomi was announced the winner.
"Yay! I won!" Hitomi said happily while jumping.
She ran and helped Takuma up.
"It was an honour to fight you, Mr Sakazaki," Hitomi said. "You were very strong. I knew that if I made one wrong move, I could've been defeated."
She went up to the stage and received her prize. Her friends waited for her backstage to congratulate her.
"I did it!" Hitomi said, showing her prizes to her friends. "Did you see me back there? I did great!"
"We saw," Hayate said. "I knew you were strong. Congratulations!"
They left the stadium and wanted to give Hitomi a treat. The Sakazakis were waiting for her outside. They approached her as she was entering the shinobi's car.
"Hey we wanna congratulate you," said Yuri. "You are strong. We wish you the best of luck with your life."
"Thank you!" Hitomi said graciously and bowed. "I wish you the same too."
"Yeah good luck with your training," said Ryo. "We should keep in touch."
"I will," said Hitomi. "This is my number."
She gave them a card with her number.
"Why don't you join our Kyokugenryu dojo?" Takuma asked. "You're still young, and besides you are really strong."
"Thanks, but no thanks, Mr Sakazaki," said Hitomi. "I prefer to be here with my friends. Thanks for the offer anyway."
"Very well, then," said Takuma. "I'm not gonna force you."
"Can we hang out soon?" Yuri asked. "Come on! We can be great friends!"
"Sure I will," said Hitomi.
"Congratulations back there, girl," a feminine voice said behind Hitomi.
She turned around to see a boyish girl and a girl with long hair tied in a ponytail.
"We're Yuri's best friends," said Mai. "You might know us as the Women's team in the King Of Fighters Tournament."
"Yeah, and I'm Ryo's girlfriend too," said King. "Nice to meet you, Hitomi."
Yuri started giving her brother a cheeky grin as he turned away. He turned the other way, only to see his father staring back at him. Robert came and started laughing at his best friend's awkwardness.
"Oh hi," Hitomi said. "I'm Hitomi."
"Nice to meet you," said King. "Well, if you ever consider entering the King of Fighters Tournament, feel free to join our group. Just replace Yuri and enter our Women team."
"Hey no fair," said Yuri. "I can't believe you just wanna betray me like that."
"Haha we were just kidding, Yuri," said Mai. "You'll always be the little sister of our team."
"That's okay, Yuri," said Ryo. "If that ever happens, you can join our team."
"Really?" Yuri asked, excited.
"Yes," said Takuma. "We can be the Sakazaki team."
"Hey then what about me?" Robert chimed in. "You're just gonna ditch me?"
"Yep," said Ryo. "Sorry, not sorry."
"Dude!" Robert said, shaking him. "You're such a mean person!"
"It's okay, Robert," said Mai. "You can join the Fatal Fury team. You can replace Andy when he replaces Yuri on this team."
"Mai..." said King.
"Something tells me that we should make an exit," Ryu said in a low voice to his friends. "This looks a little personal for us..."
The others started laughing and bid their farewell.
"Hey Kasumi," Mai said, walking towards Kasumi. "I never knew you were a part of triplets..."
"Wait what?" Kasumi said in shocked and then realised that she was referring to Sakura and Daisy. "Oh yeah, they're my triplets."
Sakura and Daisy were confused but played along.
"This purple haired girl looks like you too," said Mai. "Is she your sister too?"
"Yep," said Ayane. "I'm a year younger."
"And I'm her brother," said Hayate. "Older brother."
"And I'm her... friend," said Hayabusa. "Oh and Hayate's too, more like brothers."
"Oh okay," said Mai. "See you around!"
She skipped off towards King and Yuri.
"I didn't wanna arouse questions," said Kasumi. "Especially with Mai. She may be strong, but she's an airhead."
"And a gossip queen," Ayane added.
They all wanted to get into the shinobi car, and found it cramped.
"You know what," said Leifang. "Hitomi, you get in with them. I'll drive behind you in your car."
"I'll come too," said Mist. "We can reduce more space that way."
So the Alphas went with Leifang while the others went with Hayate. They decided to take her to the chocolate museum.
"I know you love chocolates, so I'm gonna take you here," said Hayate. "I'm sure you'll love it!"
"Wait you decided to take her here?" Kasumi asked doubtfully. "The only reason you knew is because we told you!"
"Okay fine," said Hayate. "They've told me."
"That's more like it," said Ayane. "You never seem to give us credit..."
They went there and were mesmerised with the chocolates. Their mouths watered, mainly Hitomi and Leifang.
Then to Hitomi's even bigger surprise, they took her to the chocolate cafe which was connected to the museum.
"Last but not least," said Hayate. "The chocolate gift shop!"
Hitomi stared open-mouthed at the stuff sold there. She took as many chocolates as she could, and just as she was about to pay, Kasumi stopped her.
"This is my treat," said Kasumi. "I'll pay for them."
"Me too," said Ayane. "As an apology for scaring you before..."
"Oh so you heard my conversation with Robert," said Hitomi, sheepishly. "Well, sorry about that..."
The day came to an end and they all went home. Hitomi was very happy with her day with Hayate and hoped to see him again soon.
The shinobi started packing for their trip to Ireland the next day.
"Now don't overpack," said Ryu, watching Hayate stuff his ninja suit and katana into his bag. "Don't you have a foldable katana or something?"
"No I don't," said Hayate, annoyed with his friend. "Do you?"
"Nope."
"Then?"
"I bring about my person and save my luggage space, duh."
"Fine whatever."
The girls were packing too, and so were the Alphas. Sakura and Daisy packed the snacks that Hitomi gave for a snack on the way.
They were all busy packing when suddenly the doorbell rang. It was late too.