Fishing

"Let's go fishing!" Sakura said excitedly. "Do we need supplies?"
The ninjas started laughing at her.
"What?" Sakura asked, confused. "Why are you guys laughing?"
"Because we don't use equipment," said Kasumi. "We do old fashioned underwater fishing. By hand!"
"Oh okay," said Daisy. "Well then lets go!"
They went to that river and dived in their swimsuits. Kasumi started looking for fish to catch. Ayane did the same. They all started looking for fish underwater, besides Ayame. She insisted that she watch their catch instead.
Meanwhile, the two girls had been walking along the river, trying to find someone that would tell them where the ninjas lived.
"How long is this river?" Honoka complained. "I think we are so going the wrong way..."
"Don't worry, Honoka," said Hitomi. "We can find them, I'm sure of it."
"Let's get a drink first," Honoka said, running to the water. "Oh I wish I can go for a swim too! How does Kokoro wear this all day, everyday?"
"I have no idea," said Hitomi. "But it's pretty warm, don't you think? Especially since this village is colder than the city?"
"Yeah that's true," Honoka said, cupping her hands to take some water. She stopped short when she saw something moving towards her in the water. Something big. "Wait why is the water moving?"
"It's a river, Honoka," Hitomi said, rolling her eyes slightly. "Of course it moves."
"Yeah but not like that!" Honoka said, pointing at the object moving underwater. "Look!"
Hitomi did and saw that whatever it was, it was coming directly towards them.
"I think it's a crocodile!" Hitomi shouted. "AAAAH!"
The two of them hugged each other and started backing away in fear. Whatever that was moving in the water was coming towards them.
It moved towards them and suddenly, it stuck its head out of the water and Honoka screamed, covering her face. Hitomi realised what it was and ran to it.
It was Hayate! He was fishing with the others there.
"Honoka, it's only Hayate," sais Hitomi. "It isn't a crocodile. Hayate! What are you doing in the water like that?"
Honoka finally realised and stopped screaming. Hayate started laughing and swam to them.
"We were just fishing," said Hayate. "With the others. Wonder where Ryu is."
Suddenly, something started pulling Hayate's leg from underwater. Hayate grabbed on to the river bank, digging his fingers into the moist soil, and used his other hand to pull out whatever it was. He found a few silky strands of hair and pulled it to the surface.
"Ow ow ow ow!" Ryu shouted, trying to free his hair. "My hair! Stop pulling it, you idiot! Let me go!"
He stopped shouting and looked at the girls. His face broke into a smirk.
"So you guys managed to make it in time," said Ryu. "Well, you can take your girl to the festival now, Lover Boy. Now, let me go!"
He finally let go of his hair and climbed out of the water. The girls were not far off, holding fish.
"Where's mother?" Kasumi asked, holding a bucket of fish. "Oh hi Hitomi! Hi Honoka! You made it just in time for the grand festival."
"There's a grand festival?!" Honoka asked, her eyes widening. "Will there be food?"
"Plenty," said Kasumi. "You can eat as much as you want to. By the way, nice kimono. Where did get it?"
"Kokoro," said Hitomi. "We borrowed her traditional kimonos because we wanted to look inconspicuous here."
"Ah I see," said Ayane. "Yeah that's a good idea. Where's mother anyway?"
"She's over there," Hayate said, pointing to the distance. "The two of you swam too far..."
"Oh okay," said Kasumi. "Come on, girls. We'll introduce you to our mother."
They followed the sisters to a rock where Ayame was sitting, guarding the fish that the boys caught.
"Hi mother!" Kasumi said, putting the bucket down next to her. "So this is our friend, Hitomi."
"Hi... auntie," Hitomi said, waving with a smile. "It's a pleasure to meet you."
"And this is Honoka," said Ayane, pushing her sister forward. "She's my sister, Raidou's other daughter."
"It's a pleasure to meet you, auntie," Honoka said, bowing humbly.
"You can never believe that she's older than me," said Ayane, chuckling. "Even though only by months."
"So that evil man not only ruined my life, but also your mother's?" Ayame said, touching Honoka's face. "You look like a really sweet child, and I'm sure you have nothing to do with that evil man..."
"Of course she doesn't, mother," said Kasumi, putting a hand on Honoka's shoulder. "Her family raised her well, unlike Raidou. And that's evidenced in the kind young woman she grew up to be."
"Aww, Kasumi-Oneesan!" Honoka said, and hugged her. "You guys are the best!"
"Anyway, wanna fish with us?" Hayate asked, walking towards them with Ryu. "Well... you guys didn't bring swimsuits?"
"No..." said Hitomi. "We never thought of it..."
"That's okay," said Ayame. "Lets go and get you guys a pair. And do you have anything else besides that kimono?"
"We do, but they are too... modern to be worn in public in this village," said Honoka. "We were hoping we could get some here?"
"Sure, come with me," said Ayame, standing up. "Can you guys guard the fish yourselves?"
"Umm... sure I think," said Kasumi. "We're done. We caught like two buckets of fish each!"
"I think this time we're gonna have a year's supply of fish," said Ayame, leading the two girls out of the place. "Anyway, have fun!"
"Who are those girls?" Shiden said, coming to them with two buckets of fish. "And why is Ayame leading them away?"
"The brown-haired girl is Hitomi, Hayate's... friend," Kasumi said, unable to hide a grin. "The other one's Honoka."
"She... she's my sister," said Ayane. "She's Raidou's first daughter. I'm the younger one."
"So that idiot actually ruined two women's lives huh," Shiden said, angry with his older brother. "Never mind. Where are they going?"
"Mother wants to get something for them to wear in public," said Hayate. "Their clothes are too modern and they would look out of place in this village. They only have one kimono each."
"Oh alright," said Shiden. "Are you boys done yet? I don't see you holding any fish..."
"We uh... we were having too much fun swimming, uncle..." said Ryu. "Yeah so we forgot about the fish. But we did catch one bucket..."
"One bucket each?" Shiden asked. "That's not too bad."
"Well... no..." Hayate said sheepishly. "One bucket for both of us..."
"That is disgraceful," Shiden said in disapointment. "Even your sisters caught two buckets of fish each!"
"You're a bad fisherman, Hayate," Ryu said, shaking his head in disapointment. "See, you've made your father ashamed of you..."
"Well yeah you were busy playing shark with me," said Hayate. "You almost drowned me, you idiot!"
"Yeah and you almost yanked all of my hair out!" Hayabusa shouted. "And now I've got a headache, thanks to you."
They started quarrelling and were about to go to blows but Shiden stopped them.
"Alright now, quit fighting, boys," Shiden said, stepping between them. "Hayate, you should know better than fighting among your friends for no reason."
"Sorry, father..." Hayate said, sheepishly. "Can we go back? I'm starving!"
"Yeah right," said Hayabusa. "I thought the reason why we couldn't find any fish was because you ate all of them."
"No it's because you didn't even try to look for them," said Shiden. "Look at how much fish the girls caught!"
"Well... sorry father," Hayate apologised again. "It's just that, it's been a while since we went swimming and we got too excited..."
"Wait, where are the Alphas?" Kasumi asked, looking around for them. "Are they lost?"
"We've been standing here for the last ten minutes and you never saw us?" Mist said, standing with her arms crossed. "Wow then I guess I am transparent!"
"I think we are too," said Sakura. "Come on, lets go."
They went back to their home and found Ayame trying to find the two girls something nice to wear.