NiCO's success

The next day, Rig went back to MIST.
"How long more do I have to do this?" He asked himself. "I think, tomorrow I, gonna move into another state. Or better yet, flee the country..."
He went back to the MIST laboratory and found that the process had just been completed. The glass chamber opened and released NiCO. It just released its hold on her, causing her to just fall to the ground. At the centre of the room, an examination table popped out of the ground. Rig had to help her onto it.
"This is the dumbest machine ever..." Rig said while putting her on the examination table. "Seriously, don't these people have henchmen or something?"
Just then Helena, Maria and Kokoro came in. NiCO woke up, but she didn't look so good. She looked worse than how Helena looked the day before.
"Where's NiCO?" Helena asked. "I want to thank her for bringing my mother back."
"She's..." said Rig, pointing to NiCO. "Not so hot now..."
"No no I'm okay..." said NiCO, weakly. "Gimme a minute to rest."
"Oh what happened to her?" Maria asked. "She was fine yesterday."
"Same thing that happened to Helena yesterday," said Rig. "She used herself to resurrect her father, and made me help."
"Oh okay then," said Kokoro. "We'll wait for her to feel better. Is she okay? She doesn't look so good..."
"I don't think she's good," said Rig. "She just fell off the machine. The machine just practically spat her out..."
"Like I said, I'm fine..." said NiCO, trying to sit up. "I'm okay. I'm telling you, I'm fine."
"No you're definitely not fine," said Helena. "You just stay there."
"I think I have something that might help," said Kokoro, holding up a flask. "I have some Soba tea with me."
"Wait isn't Soba a type of noodles?" Rib asked, confused. "You made... noodle tea?"
"No..." said Kokoro, with a laugh. "Soba means buckwheat. This is buckwheat tea, not noodle tea..."
"Oh sorry about that," said Rig. "Hope it helps..."
She started giving NiCO the tea. NiCO sipped the tea and had a sour expression. She definitely looked better after the tea.
"I feel better now," said NiCO. "Now I have to do one more thing to finish the process."
"Oh no you don't," said Helena. "You look as white as a sheet! Here, use some of this eucalyptus oil."
She did and can't stop sniffing it. She looked better and started to go towards the machine.
"Alright now I have to do this, and get him out of the machine," muttered NiCO while pressing some buttons. "The process is almost done."
She suddenly felt dizzy held onto the computer screen for support. Kokoro went to help her.
"When was the last time you ate?" Kokoro asked. "I feel like it's been more than a day, considering that you were in the machine..."
"Yes it's been more than 24 hours," said NiCO. "I'll have some lunch first..."
"You're not going alone, are you?" Helena asked. "If you are, then we are coming."
They all went to a nearby restaurant and ate their lunch. NiCO ate as fast as she could and ran back to the lab. She got her father out of the machine and laid him on the examination table.
"He's alive," said NiCO. "Just, not conscious yet. He's heart rate and breathing rate has to become normal."
It soon did and he gained consciousness.
"Father!" NiCO exclaimed and went to her father. "Do you remember me? It's me! Nicole!"
"Nicole?" He said in reply. "You look very different. What happened to your hair?"
"It's nothing," NiCO said. "I'm so glad that you're alive!"
"Wait are you saying that I died?" He asked. "When?"
"Years ago," said NiCO, tearing up. "You just died! You died in your sleep so I had your body frozen cryogenically. I worked for years to try and find a way to resurrect you, and I finally did!"
"NiCO..." said her father. "You didn't have to do this..."
"Well, I tried to tell her, sir," said Helena. "But, she didn't listen. Instead, she tried and tried until she succeeded."
"I'm gonna quit this job tomorrow," said NiCO. "Dad, lets go back to Finland. I don't wanna stay even a minute longer in this company."
She just took her father to her car, and just went home. The rest of them just stared at her in shock as she drove off.
"Doesn't she have a boss or something?" Rig asked. "Like, didn't she have to get permission?"
"I have no idea," said Helena. "I guess she doesn't."
"Well that's just..." said Kokoro. "I don't know..."
Helena and her family went back to their home near the DOATEC building while Rig just went to the Armstrongs' home to hang out. It was Saturday, so he didn't really have any work to do.
"So what happened at the lab?" Bass asked. "Did she die or sumthin?"
"Nah nothing like that," Rig said. "If she died, then I'll be screwed. She successfully resurrected her father."
"And then?" Tina asked. "Don't tell me she just left like that?"
"Yep," said Rig. "She just left. She said she's gonna quit the job and go back to Finland tomorrow."
"Wait what?" The Armstrongs asked in unison.
"She just left like that?" Bass asked. "What about 'er job?"
"I don't know 'bout that," said Rig. "Anyway, it's no surprise since she isn't even loyal to the company..."
"Right..." said Tina. "Anyway, so what are ya gonna do now?"
"Ooh I just wanna relax..." said Rig. "Hey, what do you say we hit the bar?"
"What for?" Tina asked. "I can just use my bar tendin' skills and make some drinks right here!"
"Alright now that's even better," said Rig. "I'm feeling too lazy to stop bar fights now..."
"Yeah and after that, we can have a movie night," said Bass. "There's a new movie out, and I can't wait to watch it!"
"Yeah!" Rig said. "I could use some fun now. The past few days were a little... weird..."
"Yeah especially for you," said Tina. "You had to go to the lab and stuff..."