Hitomi's tournament

The next day all of them got ready to go to Hitomi's Karate competition. They wanted to see her in action, or at least be there to support her.
They met her backstage where she was getting ready. Leifang was with her too.
"You can do this, Hitomi!" Leifang cheered. "I know you can!"
"Thanks, Leifang," Hitomi said, warming up, while looking at the entrance of the back stage. She was expecting her ninja friends, mainly Hayate.
The shinobi gang had arrived and asked a guard where Hitomi was.
"Alright, so the guard said that she would be in here," Hayate said, opening the door. "Hope this isn't the wrong place."
"Watch this," Hayabusa said to the girls. "Just watch him. Look closely at his face."
The girls giggled.
"Hey look, Hitomi is over there!" Hayabusa shouted, pointing to the wall.
"What? Where?" Hayate said, releasing the doorknob and looking at where his friend pointed.
Ryu opened the backstage door and saw Hitomi with Leifang.
"In there," Ryu said, pointing into the room where Hitomi was warming up with Leifang.
Hayate gave Ryu a Shippu-Tensho, causing Ryu to fly into the room. It was a good thing that Hitomi and Leifang were the only ones in the room.
Hitomi ran to see what was going on when she saw Hayabusa to fly into the room like that.
She stared at Hayabusa who was on the floor. Leifang was trying to help him up when Hayate dramatically walked in.
"Hey look it's your tough guy!" Leifang jokingly said as she helped the ninja up.
"Leifang..." Hitomi said trying to make her friend shut up.
"Oh hey, Ei- Hayate!" Hitomi said, going to greet him. "So glad to see you here."
"So you're not glad to see us?" Ayane asked, putting her hands on her waist. "Hmph. Come on, Kasumi. We'll just leave then. Sakura, Daisy, you too."
"Don't leave me behind!" Hayabusa said and went to them.
"I'll come too," Leifang said and went to them.
"You guys, stop that!" Hitomi said, trying to keep them from leaving. "Leifang, what's wrong with you? You've been acting strange ever since they came!"
"Well at least she's only acting strange now," Hayate said in an annoyed tone. "Our guy Ryu has been acting like that since yesterday..."
"Well yeah," Ryu said. "Girls, you noticed that our Wind Shinobi has been windy ever since he saw Hitomi yesterday right?"
"Well, sorry, Niisan, but it's true..." Kasumi said, with pretend regret. "Ayane, you noticed too right?"
"Yep," Ayane said with a smirk. "Hayate has been really windy ever since Hitomi came yesterday..."
"You see?" Ryu said in triumph. "Hitomi, you saw how he put a blanket over me and shoved cushions on top of me right?"
"Yeah I did," Hitomi said. "Hayate, what was that all about?"
"Hey isn't it time for your tournament?" Hayate quickly told Hitomi. "Yeah I think I just heard the announcer calling you."
"Oh my gosh, yeah!" Hitomi said and quickly ran to the arena. "Wish me luck, guys!"
Hitomi ran off to the arena and her friends went to the floor above to watch the tournament.
"This is how you get free tickets," Leifang said, leading them to the balcony of the floor above."
"Smart move," Ayane said. "Yeah, I don't fancy buying expensive tickets..."
"Neither do I," said Leifang. "Anyway, anyone up for some popcorn?"
"We already brought some," said Sakura, handing each person a bag of popcorn. "We brought an extra too!"
"Thanks," Leifang said, accepting the popcorn. "Whoa, that big guy is Hitomi's opponent?!"
"Apparently," Ryu said. "Wait, why is he bringing a basketball?"
"I don't know but it looks like he isn't allow to use it in battle," said Kasumi. "Look, the referee is taking it away from him."
"Well serve him right," said Daisy. "Does he think he can play basket ball in a battle arena?"
"I'm pretty sure he was planning to use it as a weapon," said Ayane. "Anyway, he's forced to fight without it."
The first round began and he fought with Hitomi. His name was Lucky Glauber. Hitomi managed to beat him despite being two feet smaller than him.
Hitomi's next opponent was a blonde girl, wearing a karate gi.
Hitomi won the second round too. The third round was against a blond guy wearing an orange gi.
The announcer announced him as Ryo Sakazaki. He used a unique style of Karate which was called Kyokugenryu Karate.
"Wait, he's Japanese?" Ryu asked. "Well, I never would've known, he looks American."
"Apparently Hitomi does too," Hayate said, watching Hitomi greet him in English when Ryo replied in Japanese. "He looks like a strong opponent..."
"Careful, Hayate," Ryu said. "He might steal your girl."
"Ryu..." Hayate said, annoyed with his friend. "She would do nothing of the sort."
Well, he did have a sense of jealousy when Ryu said that. He prayed that Ryo wouldn't come between their relationship although he knew that Hitomi is in love with him, and him only.
Hitomi fought Ryo and he launched a Kohuken at her, which caused her to fly backwards. She got up and got back into her fighting stance.
Ryo gave her a Kohoh, but she dodged with a simple sidestep. He then tried to give her a Zanretsuken, but failed. She grabbed his arm and gave him a Hagun.
He got up and she gave him a Nobori-Zuki. Before he recovered from the attack, she gave him Kazekiri.
"You're strong," Ryo said, getting up. "But fortunately, I'm stronger."
"We'll see about that," Hitomi said, preparing to launch her Moen.
Ryo stepped in front of her and prepared to give her a Shin Tenchi Haouken. But, before he could, she gave him Moen.
Ryo was announced K.O, indicating that Hitomi had won the battle.
The announcer announced an hour break and Ryo congratulated her.
"That was a good fight," Ryo said, shaking her hand. "Wish you all the best for the tournament."
Terry came and saw Ryo.
"Hey Dragon," said Terry, coming towards his good friend. "Aww don't worry man!"
"That's right, Ryo!" A girl with a short braid said, coming towards Ryo. "I'll avenge you!"
"Well, if she fails, then I will," said a guy with long black hair tied into a ponytail.
"Oh look he already has a girlfriend," Hayate said to Ryu when they were walking to congratulate Hitomi. "Guess he can't steal Hitomi after all!"
"Are you sure that's his girlfriend?" Leifang said. "Because when I checked the list of contestant, I saw two names with Sakazaki at the back. So that may be his sister for all we know."
"Well they don't look alike in any way," said Kasumi. "But then again, we don't really look alike either..."
They found Hitomi and she was really happy.