The journey

"No!" Kasumi said for the third time. "How could this be?!"
"Well, I don't know," said Shiden. "Maybe because you're not a good player?"
"See, I told you team Kasumi sucks," said Ayane with a smirk. "Admit defeat already!"
"No!" Kasumi said again. "I will play until I win!"
They started another game and played again. Kasumi focused each of her father's movements in the game and finally won after five tries.
"Yay!" Kasumi cheered. "I win!"
"You guys better go to bed," said Ayane. "It's really late."
"What time is it?" Ryu said, waking up from a nap.
"So much for encouraging me to play," said Kasumi, annoyed. "Anyway, yeah. I'm sleepy."
They all went to bed and woke up bright and early the next morning.
The Alphas somehow found the kitchen and began making breakfast. The servants came and found them making breakfast. It was a good thing they already knew about them.
There was a festival that week. It was the Mugen-Tenshin Moon Festival. Six days had already gone by and today was the last day, the full moon.
"We actually made it in time for the festival!" Kasumi said happily. "It's one of the things I really miss from home..."
"And today's the last day," said Ayane. "So that means it's gonna be the grandest!"
"Can we go?" Sakura asked. "I've never heard of such festival and I certainly wanna go!"
"We have to," said Kasumi. "Or else it will only be back next year."
"When is Honoka coming?" Ayane asked. "She better come today or she'll miss the festival."
"She said she'll only come tomorrow," said Hayate. "She said she has to clear things up with her mom and grandma."
"What about your girl?" Ryu asked. "Isn't Hitomi coming too?"
"She said she might," said Hayate. "She might not come."
Well this was not true because at that very moment, Hitomi had set off to the village with Honoka. Honoka had somehow managed to convince her grandmother to let her stay at the village as long as her semester break goes to train with the ninjas.
Hitomi had also found some time and told Honoka about her plan. They both agreed to go together and were on their way.
"I think we should wear traditional outfits to look less conspicuous," said Hitomi. "Especially since that village is very... secret..."
"Sure!" Honoka said. "But I haven't got a kimono. All I have are modern-looking yukatas. Not traditional enough..."
"Well I haven't got one too..." said Hitomi. "And all I have is one yukata. And that yukata is modern too, like you said. Can I wear my Karate gi instead? It's traditional Japanese clothing too."
"I have an idea!" Honoka said. "Let's go meet Kokoro! Maybe we can borrow some of her kimonos."
"Are you sure that's a good idea?" Hitomi asked doubtfully. "I don't really know her much."
"Oh but I do!" Honoka said. "Come on!"
They went to the tea house that Kokoro worked at. They went there and found all of the maiko with painted faces.
"Question," Hitomi said, looking closely at the all of the women's faces. "Which is Kokoro?"
"Umm..." Honoka said, thinking. "I don't know. They all look the same!"
A geisha came to welcome them. She led them in.
There were a few maiko there and one of them perked up when she saw them.
Hitomi and Honoka saw her approaching and were confused.
"Do you think that's Kokoro?" Hitomi asked. "It kinda looks like her and she's coming to us."
"I think it is," said Honoka. "Hi Kokoro!"
"What brings you two here?" Kokoro asked. "Oh what am I saying. Come on, I'll entertain you!"
She pulled them to the tearoom and served them some traditional tea before entertaining them.
She played her Japanese drum and her shamisen. They clapped when she finished.
"That was great!" Honoka said, clapping. "You're good!"
"Thanks!" Kokoro said with a bow. "Wanna see some more?"
"Oh no no no, you don't have to," said Hitomi. "We came here to ask for a favour."
"Oh?" Kokoro said, cocking her head to one side. "What is it?"
"We need to borrow a few kimonos," said Honoka. "Can we borrow yours?"
"Why sure," said Kokoro. "I'll give them to you after work, okay?"
"Thank you!" The girls said in unison.
Right after work, Kokoro brought them to her home which she shared with Helena.
"Oh hi you two," Helena said, seeing them come in with Kokoro. "How are doing?"
"We're good," Hitomi said. "Talk to you later, Miss Helena!"
They ran off to Kokoro's room to get the kimonos, leaving Helena confused. Kokoro gave them two nice kimonos. They looked at it in awe.
"Thanks Kokoro," said Honoka. "Here, keep this money for your trouble. We didn't even pay you for your entertainment just now."
"Oh there's no need," Kokoro said, refusing the money.
"No!" Hitomi said, shoving the money into Kokoro's hand. "Keep it. It isn't nice to not pay you for your help."
They thanked her and ran out of the house. Helena saw them leaving with the kimonos and went to see Kokoro. She found her standing in front of her wardrobe, staring at the money that the girls gave her.
"What's going on?" Helena asked. "What did those two do?"
"They borrowed two of my kimonos," said Kokoro. "And gave me money for my trouble."
"They're just showing their gratitude, Kokoro," said Helena. "Anyway, where's mother?"
"I'm in the kitchen," Maria shouted from the kitchen.
"She has really sharp ears," Helena said with a smile. "Freshen up, Kokoro. Mother must be making dinner."
A few days later, the two of them took a bus to the bus stop nearest to the village. From there, they walked all the way to the village. It was a tiring walk as they walked for about an hour.
"Alright so here we are," Hitomi said, walking around with Honoka. Any idea where Hayate's home is?"
"I have no idea," said Honoka. "Let's try asking around."
They walked and walked around. They were clearly lost because they found themselves near a river.
"I know!" Honoka said. "We'll just walk along this river and we'll find their house! Yeah!"
"Well it's worth the shot," said Hitomi. "Come on."
"Wait I'm tired!" Honoka said, sitting on the grass. "And I'm thirsty."
"Well I'm thirsty too," Hitomi said, sitting down with her. "But we finished all of our water."
"That river water looks good..." Honoka said, getting up and going towards the water. "A drink wouldn't hurt right?"
She drank some of the water and it was fresh and full of minerals.
"It tastes really good!" Honoka said, cupping her hands to drink more water. "Come on, Hitomi. Try it!"
They drank the water and continued walking along the river.