NiCO talks about herself

"Now what do they want?" thought Rig, annoyed. "They want me to see NiCO, again?"
So he went to the lab again and saw NiCO doing something to the chamber that had an unconscious Helena in it. He walked over to her and she started talking nonstop about the experiment. Her talk was boring to Rig but he still listened, thinking that it may have some information that he needed.
"Can she ever stop talking?" thought Rig. "I hope I get some info out of all this boring talk..."
"Ah now Maria is almost alive," said NiCO. "All she needs is some of Helena's DNA. It's a good thing that we found her while her corpse was still fresh, or else she would've ended up being a cyborg like Raidou. Raidou wasn't in one piece when we found him... his limbs were... everywhere... his head was in half too... and we had to add synthetic body parts."
Rig shuddered at the thought of it. He was glad he wasn't there to see all of that. He also marvelled at how they managed to actually save him.
"So you're planning to make her into one of our minions too?" asked Rig.
"No I'm just doing it to test out the experiment," said NiCO. "I want to see the chances of it being a success."
She started doing something to the chamber and then a light suddenly started flowing out of a wire that was connected to the chamber towards another covered chamber, indicating that the data is being transferred.
"Oh and Rig," said NiCO, suddenly. Rig was surprised that she didn't call him Victor Donovan Jr. "I know you find it weird that I'm not calling you by Victor Donovan Jr, but um can you help me with something after this revival is over?"
"What is it?" asked Rig. He felt something familiar about her, but didn't know what.
"Well, after I'm done reviving Maria, can you help me?" asked NiCO. "I found that my father, who is also being revived, needs some of my DNA to survive too. I can't possibly be outside the chamber as well as be inside the chamber at the same time, can I? Unless I have a clone like Kasumi, but I don't want to see many of me. So can you do it for me from the outside?"
"What?" asked Rig, confused. "But why me? What if I fail?"
"You won't," said NiCO, confidently. "I've written out a very detailed list of steps that you need to do. All you gotta do is press some buttons and it'll be over in a jiffy."
"Okay I'll try," said Rig. "But if I fail, don't blame me."
"You're a good friend, Rig," said NiCO. "This is the second time you're helping me with something, I think I owe you one or maybe even two."
"Wait what?" thought Rig. "Who is she anyway? Why is everyone acting like they know me even when I don't know them?"
He tried to remember where he had seen NiCO. He felt like he had seen her somewhere before, but only for a brief encounter.
"You know," said NiCO suddenly. "I don't think you'll remember this later but um... we've met before. You were always an oil platform worker. You once saw me taking samples from where your oil platform was. I wanted a benzene sample from the crude oil, but couldn't get it from the outside, and you actually helped me get it for my experiment. Because of that, I managed to make a huge discovery for science! And you also helped me find the skeletal formula of benzene, as you can see from the shape of my hairpin."
Now Rig knew why she was so familiar. He couldn't recognise her because of her hair. At the time, she had long brown hair and that really made her look different because of the bangs, and she didn't dye her eyebrows back then and she wore thick framed black glasses.Realisation finally dawned onto Rig but he said nothing, fearing that he might give himself away. He just stood there, and NiCO continued to say what she discovered. Rig thought that it was all boring. Rig wished he could go home and take a nap instead, because her talk was making him sleepy.
"I think it's best you go home," said NiCO. "I'll bring you here again tomorrow to bring Miss Helena back because she'd be exhausted after this process is over."
Rig turned around and almost bolted out of the lab. He couldn't stand it any longer in this boring lab.
"They could've just made this nerdy NiCO do it herself right?" thought Rig. He was tired out and decided to take a long nap till nighttime and then go out with the Armstrongs. They lived in the house next to his. Bass actually insisted that he stayed with them, but Rig refused. He was afraid that he might be a burden to them so he bought a place next to theirs.
The Armstrongs came home and they all went out together somewhere.
Meanwhile the ninjas were having a dull and boring day back in Miyama.
"I kinda feel bad that we made Rig do all the hard work for us," said Kasumi. "Like aren't we supposed to do it instead?"
"Yeah but if we do, we'd only alert them to escape instead," said Hayate. "Since they have security cameras everywhere. Rig can enter unnoticed because they assume he works for them. Besides, their Japan outlet doesn't do much of the dirty work. They only make the clones. Now that NiCO has been transferred back to New York, there's nothing much left in the lab here, besides the clones."
"So we just watch him do all the good stuff?" asked Ayane, bored. "Now that's just really boring... is there anything we can do with Rig?"
"Not unless you wanna go to New York and make things seem suspicious," said Ryu. "Like that's just gonna tell the whole world that Rig is our ally..."
"Hmm good point," said Ayane. "So what are we gonna do, then?"
"I have no idea," admitted Hayate. "Wanna go and have a nice relaxing walk?"
"Yeah sure," said Kasumi. "I'm getting a little bored being at home all the time..."
"I'm down for that," said Ayane. "Can we go for a fishing trip?"
"Yes!" exclaimed Ryu. "Finally you are suggesting something I like."
So they grabbed their fishing things and set off to a pond with a nice picnic meal. What's funny was that the ninjas were relaxing while Rig was having a rather hard time with his life. But for now, he was out with Bass and Tina for a night out together.