Back home

Two weeks later, they all returned to Japan in their flight. The contestants of the KOF tournaments went home with their spaceship.
Nameless and Isolde lived in Foxy and Diana's apartment next to the K' team's apartment. Krizalid lived there too, with the K' team.
"Wait, so he's gonna share a room with me?" K' asked, shocked. "Can't you share with Kriz instead?"
"Well you have the biggest room, Aibou," said Maxima. "Mine isn't even big enough for my stuff, let alone Kriz's..."
"I won't take up much space," said Krizalid. "You won't even know I'm there."
"Fine, you can stay in my room," said K'. "Also that last part is not true. All my stuff is on one side, you can take the other."
The ninjas packed up their things from their home in Miyama. They returned to their village after packing their stuff up. They brought Sakura, Daisy and Mist too.
"So how do you feel about coming to our village?" Kasumi asked, turning around from the second row backseat. "You're gonna love it!"
"Yes I can't wait to become a Mugen-Tenshin ninja," said Sakura. "I have a feeling that I'm gonna feel more at home there."
"Yeah same," Daisy said excitedly. "I never felt more at home as I was with you guys."
"Will they accept me for who I am?" Mist asked. "I don't even look human..."
"Don't worry, our clan would," said Hayate. "But I feel like you should wear a disguise when you're going out, just in case."
"Well if the Tenjinmon sect doesn't accept you, our Hajinmon sect will," said Ayane. "Right, guys?"
"Nah-uh, that ain't happening," Sakura said, putting an arm around Mist. "You're not taking our best friend away from us, no you can't."
"Yes!" Kasumi said, leaning over to the back. "Besides, their fighting style doesn't match yours, Ayane. Their fighting style is modified Tenjinmon style ninjutsu? They can't just go to Hajinmon sect like that!"
"Yeah fine," Ayane said. "But still, we are all a part of the Mugen-Tenshin clan, so welcome to our clan!"
"Well I'm gonna go back to my clan in a few days," said Hayabusa. "Gosh, I miss home..."
They drove back to the Mugen-Tenshin village first. Ryu wanted to stay for a bit with his friends before returning home.
When they arrived, they were warmly greeted by Ayame, the ninjas' mother. She was glad to see Kasumi again as it had been two years since she last saw her. They only communicated through letters.
"Kasumi!" Ayame said, hugging her daughter. "It's so good to finally see you again. Look at how much you've grown!"
"Mother!" Kasumi said, hugging her back. "I missed you!"
Ayane awkwardly waited there while her sister and her mother had a moment together. Ayame noticed this and went to her.
"Ayane," the mother said, caressing her daughter's cheek. "I'm glad you helped Kasumi instead of killing her."
"Mother," Ayane said, hugging her mother. "You were right. Our blood is stronger than any shinobi code."
"Glad you understood," Ayame said with a smile and then turned to her son. "Hayate. You took care of your sisters very well."
"Well of course, mother," said Hayate. "They are my sisters after all."
"M-Mother?" Sakura said suddenly.
Ayame hadn't notice the Alphas waiting there so they decided announce their presence.
"Who are you three?" Ayame said, going to them. "Come on, there's no need to cover your face."
The Phase 4 clones revealed themselves and Ayame stared at them in shock.
"Kasumi?" Ayame said, turning towards her daughter. "Are these...?"
"Yes, mother," said Kasumi. "They are my clones. But don't worry, they are one of us now."
"Well I suppose so," Ayame said, turning back to the Alphas. "Well, judging by what Kasumi told me, you poor things must've been burdened with cruelty by your creators. But don't worry, you can live as you wish here."
"We will, mother," the Alphas said together.
Ayame then turned to Mist. She still kept her face covered, afraid of how Ayame might react.
"How about you, dear?" Ayame said, going towards her. "Are you one of them too?"
"Yes... mother," Mist said.
She took off her hood and revealed her transparent face. Ayame stared at her in shock, but nodded understandingly.
"They must've put you through ruthless experiments to make you look like this," Ayame said, stroking her face. "But don't worry, you can treat me as your own mother. The two of you too."
"Mother!" Mist exclaimed and hugged Ayame.
She started crying because she never had a mother when she was in MIST. She didn't really have any memory of MIST because the shinobi group brought her out before they could even launch her.
Ayame called her children and the Alphas for a huge hug.
Unbeknownst to them, Shiden had already come home and was watching them the whole time.
Daisy pulled away from the hug. Shiden had mistaken her for Kasumi and hugged her.
"Kasumi, you're finally home!" He said, hugging Daisy. "Why did you do such a thing?"
"Um... father?" Kasumi said, realising that her father had mistaken her clone for her. "I'm here..."
"Wait, then who am I hugging?" He said and pulled away from the hug and looked at the girl he was hugging.
He was quite shocked to see that she was an exact copy of his daughter.
"Wait, if you're there and I'm hugging you at the same time, then..." Shiden said, realising that she's a clone. "Is she a clone?"
"Yes I am, Master," Daisy said, apologetically. "I'm sorry, I'll leave if you like."
"No you don't have to," said Shiden. "It isn't your fault that you were created by an evil man. Welcome to the clan."
They entered their home and had a big dinner together. They all talked about their old good times together.
"I miss having fishing competitions with Ayane," said Kasumi. "Ayane, shall we?"
"Yes!" Ayane said, helping herself to more rice. "We shall go tomorrow! It's really late now..."
"First thing in the morning!" Kasumi said, putting her hands together. "With Hayate-Niisan too!"
"Oh bring it on," Hayate said, cracking his knuckles. "I can do way better than you."
"Not if I have anything to say about it!" Ryu said, raising his chopsticks. "I'm gonna do better!"
"Yeah right," Hayate said, eating a piece of chicken. "Let's see about that!"
"Can we come too?" Sakura asked. "We never went fishing, and we wanna know what it's like."
"Pleeeeeasee?" The three Alphas said together.
"There's no reason why you shouldn't go," said Shiden. "And there's no reason why we shouldn't go, right Ayame?"
"Yes!" Ayame said. "But I think I'll just watch you guys do the fun stuff."
"Aww come on, mom," Kasumi said. "Come on guys, together!"
"Come on, mom!" Kasumi, Ayane and Hayate said together.
"Okay okay, I'll come," said Ayame finally. "I like that place too."
"Yes!" Kasumi exclaimed happily. "It's been a long time since we went fishing. I miss that beautiful falls..."
They finished up their dinner and Kasumi ran to her room. She dug in her old chest and found the old Shogi board. She blew off the dust and brought it to the living room.
She sat down in the middle and opened the Shogi board.
"Who wants to play with me?" Kasumi asked. "Hayate-Niisan?"
"Eh I'm tired of driving all the way here," said Hayate. "Ryu?"
"Just as lazy," said Ryu, laying down on his back. "Ayane?"
Ayane started giving out loud snores, pretending to be asleep.
"That's okay, Kasumi," Shiden said, getting up and sitting in front of her. "I'll play with you."
"Yes!" Kasumi said, opening the box. "Thank you, father!"
"Okay so who's team Kasumi?" Ryu asked, raising his hand. "Hayate?"
"Nah I'm team father," said Hayate, raising his hand. "Who else?"
"Oh me!" Ayane said, raising her hand, suddenly 'awake'. "Kasumi's team suck!"
"Oi!" Kasumi said, pretending to be offended.
"Says who?" Sakura said, scooting towards Kasumi. "I believe that team Kasumi rocks!"
"Me too!" Mist said, crawling towards Kasumi. "Kasumi rocks!"
"I vote team father," Daisy said, crawling towards Shiden.
"Aww you three are the best!" Kasumi said, seeing her friends behind her. "Daisy, I thought you were a part of me?"
"Not this time, Kasumi," said Daisy, sticking her tongue at Kasumi. "I'm team father!"
"Well let's hope you don't run away like what Kasumi did," Shiden said, turning around to see her. "Alright now, shall we start?"