Breakfast and manicure

"Ash, what's that smell?" Elisabeth asked, sniffing the odour in the air. "Smells like something is burning!"
"Oh no the pancakes!" Ash said and quickly got up and inspected the burnt pancake on the pan. "Oh great. What a waste of pancake..."
He threw the pancake away into the trash and put a chunk of butter on the pan.
"Oh well it's a good thing that only one pancake went to waste," said Ash, pouring some batter on the pan. "What topping do you want? Chocolate sauce or whipped cream?"
"I would like some whipped cream," said Elisabeth. "I know you'd take chocolate, no doubt about that!"
"You know me so well, Betty," said Ash. "Wait it's almost done."
He finally finished making the pancakes and they both ate them in the dining hall. They ate together while reflecting on what had happened and stuff like that.
"You slept next to me last night right?" Elisabeth asked. "Because I vaguely remember stroking your hair as you slept."
"Yes I did," said Ash. "I missed doing that. It has been years since the last time I did that."
Elisabeth's phone rang on the living room coffee table. It rang and rang as if the caller was calling again and again non-stop.
"Gosh can't I have my breakfast in peace?" Elisabeth asked herself as she went to get it. "Oh wait... it's Kukri!"
"Who's Kukri?" Ash asked, from the dining hall. "Anyone important?"
"You bet he's important!" Elisabeth said, coming back into the dining hall. "He's the one that helped me bring you back! I think I know why he's calling me now..."
She answered the call and put it on speaker mode.
"Miss Blanctorche!" Kukri shouted into the phone. "Your friend is missing! I left him to sleep and when I came to see him now, he's missing!"
"Is that so?" Ash asked, motioning Elisabeth to stay silent. "Did you check in the kitchen?"
"I searched the whole house!" Kukri said. "I am very sorry about this, Miss Blanctorche. It's all my fault."
"Well, did you check in the fridge?" Ash asked, trolling Kukri even more. "He might be in there..."
"The fridge?" Kukri asked. "But why?"
"He might have gotten hungry?" Ash suggested. "And maybe he's sitting in the fridge and finishing your food?"
"What...?!" Kukri asked, confused. "Well I might as well check."
He actually went to his fridge and peeked in to see if Ash was in there.
"He isn't here," said Kukri. "He might have ran away, or disappeared again..."
"Did you check the sink?" Ash asked and Elisabeth couldn't help but let out a snort. "He might have been flushed down there?"
"The... the sink?!" Kukri asked, puzzled. "Miss Blanctorche, are you saying that your friend actually has a habit of hiding in the fridge and under the sink?"
Ash started laughing at Kukri. Elisabeth tried really hard not to laugh too.
"Miss Blanctorche?" Kukri asked, confused. "Is something wrong? Why does your voice sound different?"
"Well yeah," said Ash. "I ran off in the middle of the night to be with Betty."
"Wait what?" Kukri asked, very confused. "What's going on?"
"Oh Kukri..." said Elisabeth, unable to stop herself from laughing. "Ash is fine. He ran out of your place and came here. "He even made breakfast for me."
"Yep," said Ash. "I missed Betty very much and really wanted to see her again."
"So it's you," said Kukri, realising. "Well I'm glad that you're okay, but why did you have to troll me like that?"
"That's just how I am," said Ash. "Anyway, thanks Mr Kukri."
Kukri hung up and laughed at himself before going on with is day.
"So what do you wanna do today, Ash?" Elisabeth asked him after breakfast. "It's been a while since we did something together..."
"How about a manicure?" Ash asked, examining his fingernails. "They look horrible!"
"Okay that's good," said Elisabeth. "I'll get your manicure kit from your room."
"I think I better give you a manicure too," said Ash, inspecting Elisabeth's fingers. "They look kinda jagged..."
"Do as you wish," said Elisabeth, getting up to get Ash's manicure kit. "What matters now is that I'm with my beloved brother."
Ash smiled as Elisabeth went upstairs to get the nail art kit. she had a hard time finding it because Ash had like five manicure kits.
"You know what?" Elisabeth said to herself while carrying all five at the same time. "I'm just gonna take all of them down."
She had a hard time bringing all them down. She she almost tripped from the stairs but luckily Ash came just in time to catch her and his manicure supplies.
"You could've called me right?" Ash said. "Two hands aren't enough to bring all of these."
"Yeah sorry about that," said Elisabeth. "Come on, lets have a nail art session!"
They did each other's nails and Ash enjoyed it. Well, he didn't much enjoy doing Elisabeth's nails or did he enjoy watching her do it herself.
"Oh come on you so don't know how to do it," said Ash, taking the nail file away from her. "Here, let me do it for you."
He did it for her instead.
"So what colour do you want?" Ash asked her, flourishing his nail polish collection in front of her face. "Come on, tell me! No wait no. Don't tell me. Let me guess. You want this nude shade right?"
"Yeah that looks good," said Elisabeth. "I don't really fancy seeing any bright colours on my nails."
"I was right then," said Ash, shaking that nail polish bottle. "Come on!"
He helped her with the nail polish. She waited patiently for him to finish.
"Seriously though, how do you do this so patiently?" Elisabeth asked. "And now on earth do you even make this nail polish last long? Because whenever I try, it seems to destroy within a day, or completely disappear when I wake up the next morning..."
"You need to patiently let it dry, Betty," said Ash, without looking up from painting her nails. "I know how patient you are. Less than an hour after painting your nails, you go horseback riding!"
"Well yeah," said Elisabeth. "Who has enough time to sit down on the same spot, waiting for the nails to dry, not even touching anything, not even getting up to use the toilet!"
"Well I do," said Ash. "And as you can see, that's why I have perfectly manicured nails!"
"Yeah I have to respect you for that," said Elisabeth. "But you should at least try a sport, you know. Why don't you come horseback riding with me after this thing gets dry?"
"Maybe," said Ash, adding the last stroke of nail polish on her pinky finger. "You have extra riding... uh stuff?"
"Of course I do," said Elisabeth. "I'll just ask our old butler to get one for you."
"That old guy is still alive?" Ash asked in shock. "He's so old, like practically ancient!"
"Ash!" Elisabeth shouted, about to slap him but he stopped her. "You know he's the only one that's been through all this with me? Not even you!"
"Whoa whoa watch those nails!" Ash said. "They aren't even dry yet."
"Eh I don't even care anymore," said Elisabeth. "It still looks okay to me..."
"Yeah it looks okay," said Ash, examining her nails. "Just sit still and put your hands inside that nail dryer for a few hours and it should dry quickly."
So rather impatiently, she put her hand inside the nail dryer.
Soon, Elisabeth went to see her butler who lived not far from their home. She had him prepare for a horse fit for Ash so that they could go horseback riding together.