18

I Laughed As I Seen Lights Flashing From Everywhere. I Didn't Like To Make My Birthday A Big Deal, I Just Say I Quick Prayer To God For Letting A Real One Make It Another Year. I've Always Hated Doing Parties And Shit When I Was Younger But To See That My Friends Made It A Big Deal Actually Mattered To Me. I Truly Was Grateful For These People Sitting Before Me.

"Awwww Look At The Birthday Boy" Angie Said.

I Shook My Head "Y'all Got Me For Real" I Said As I Saw The Only Chair That Was Empty.

"You Know We Gotta Do It Big Nigga You Eighteen Now" Ty Said As I Took My Seat At The Foot Of The Table.

"Thanks, I Appreciate All Of Y'all" I Said While The Waitress Poured Me A Glass Of Water. I Looked Around To See The Usual Crew Minus Bey Which Kinda Shook Me Since I Wanted Her Here Even Though We Weren't In A Good Space.

"You're Welcome Brother" Solange Smiled. I Smiled Back Weakly.

"We Know You Don't Like Your Birthday...Well Making A Big Deal Out Of It But We Don't Care" Kelly Said Getting Up Handing Me A Few Bags.

I Shook My Head "I Hate All Of Y'all"

They All Laughed As I Looked Inside The Smallest One First. I Pulled Out A Frame Of A Picture Of All Of Us And I Bent My Head Down Laughing.

"This Shit Cute Thanks" I Said.

"It Was My Idea" Angie Said Sticking Out Her Tongue While Lenny Had His Arm Around Her. I Nodded My Head "Noted" I Said Chucking My Head At Her As A Thank You. I Opened The Others To See Some Sneakers I Had My Eyes On For A Little While That Ty Got Me. Jeremiah Got Me An Apple Watch Which He Knew I Hated Expensive Stupid Gifts. I Didn't Think Things Like A Phone On Your Wrist Was A Must. Michelle Handed Me An Envelope "I Think You Should Open It" She Said With A Soft Smile.

I Shrugged Opening The Mail, I Read Over It In My Head And I Was Shook "Shit, Oh My God. Thank You Michelle For Real" I Said Getting Up To Hug Her Only To Make Her Laugh.

"What Nigga?!" Jeremiah Asked, He Was With His New Girl Veronica That He'd Been Talking To For A Week Now.

"I Got The Internship, A Nigga Moving Up" I Said Laughing And Everyone Cheered, Congratulating Me And What Not. I Went Back To My Seat While The Waitress And Waiter Came Back To Take Our Food Orders.

"We Gotta Hook Jay Up Baby, Everyone Linked Up" Kelly Said To Ty And I Shook My Head.

"Nah I'm Done With That Shit Until I Get My Degree, I Can't With All That Relationship Shit" I Said Pulling Out My Phone To See If I Was Going To Get A Text From Bey But Nothing.

"Well Where's Bey?" I Asked Trying Not To Make It Look Like A Big Deal.

Angie Rolled Her Eyes "Home, She Didn't Want To Come. Plus I Didn't Want Her Riding In My Man Car Anyways"

Angie Was Still Upset With Bey Along With Solange. I Know Angie Still Was Somewhat Mad At Me But Not As Much As Bey Because They Practically Been Joined At The Hip Since They Were Born. It Made Her Think They Couldn't Go To Her For Everything Like She Thought She Would.

"Oh Cool" I Brushed Off. If Beyoncé Didn't Want Nothing To Do With Me Then I Needed To Accept That, It Was Going Take A Hella Long Time Because Beyoncé Is My Everything. The One Girl That Stole My Heart Since I First Met Her.

We All Continued To Talk Even Reminiscing On Memories Until Our Food Came. We Continued To Talk, Ty Decided We Hit The Club Since I Was Finally Legal. I Hated Staying Out Late, I Was Honestly A Homebody But I Never Been To A Club And The Opportunity Came So We All Decided To Go. After We Finished Our Food And Paid, We Headed Over To The Nearest Club. The Wait Was Hella Long And I Complained The Entire Time Until We Paid And Finally Made It Inside. The Music Was Loud With Everyone Dancing, Some Drinking, And Others Standing Off To The Sides Just Watching.