36

"I Don't Know Why They Don't Get Married" My Mama Said As She Sat Down Across From Me. I Heard Richard Chuckle "Gloria, Stop It" Ms.Tina Said Feeling Embarrassed.

"I Mean, Life Is Too Short. What You Waiting On Richy Rich" My Mama Said. She Had Us All Over For Dinner. It Was Kind Of Different For Us Because We Never Hang Out Just All Of Us Together And Now It's Going To Be More Frequent Now That Blue Is Involved.

I Watched Blue Bounce Up And Down While Ms.Tina Held Her By Her Hands Making Me Smile. "I Mean You Are Right But We're Trying To Take Things Slow" Richard Said As His Arm Sat Around Ms.Tina.

I Felt My Mama Eyes On Me And I Knew The Pot Was About To Be Stirred. "What's Up With You Two" She Said Looking At Beyoncé And I.

Beyoncé Looked Up Then At My Mom "Nothing, I've Just Been Tired That's All"

"Awww My Poor Baby, You'll Get Used To It. Just Keep Her On The Schedule I Gave You And It'll Be Fine" My Mama Said.

I Kept Quiet And Decided To Watch Blue "Did Y'all Decide On What Daycare To Take Her To?" Ms.Tina Asked.

We Looked At Each Other "My Baby Can Stay With Me Until Y'all Get Off" My Mama Said Looking At Us Like We Were Crazy.

"Ma, Driving An Hour To You And Back Home That's Too Much" I Said.

"Well Nobody Told All Of Y'all To Move To New York" She Defended. I Let Out A Sigh "Its Just Easier If We Find A Good Daycare In The Manhattan Area" I Said.

"Hm Bougie" Ms.Tina Mumbled.

"Your Father Wanted Y'all To Go To Preperton Academy But I Decided Against It Because I Wanted Y'all In Public Schools. Kids That Go To The Rich Private Schools Be The Most Crazy" My Mama Said.

"Who You Telling, Getting Pregnant Having Their Daddies Abort It. Doing Drugs In The Bathrooms Just Crazy" Ms.Tina Agreed.

"Mama Oh My God" Bey Said Shocked.

"What Girl, I'm Grown I Be Knowing"

Blue Started To Get Fussy "Let Me Get Her" I Said Reaching Out My Arms.

"I Got Her, I Raised Two Girls Up Right" She Said Getting Up Going To One Of The Bedrooms.

"Richard, Did I Show You What I Did With Jays Old Extra Room?" My Mama Asked.

"Oh No You Didn't" He Replied.

"I Turned It Into A Nice Chill Spot For Me And My Girls" She Said As The Got Up Disappearing To The Basement. It Got Silent So I Looked Over At Bey Who Was On The Phone Scrolling.

"Oh Ty Wants Blue To Have A Play Date With Titan This Weekend" I Said Trying To Make Conversation.

"How? His First Birthday Is This Saturday" She Said Sleeping Her Eyes On Her iPhone.

"Oh Shit, I Almost Forgot. We Gotta Get Him A Gift"

"I Already Got It, It Should Be Delivered Tomorrow" She Said.

"Oh Can You Put My Name On It?"

"It Already Has Mine On It With A Note, I Thought You Already Bought Him Something" She Said.

I Got Up Going To The Kitchen To Pour Me A Glass. "When You Coming Home?" I Asked.

"I've Been Home" She Replied, Referring To The Condo She Shared With Angie And Michelle.

"No Bey, Our Home" I Said.

"Oh I Didn't Know You Wanted Us Around"

I Took A Sip Walking Back Into The Living Room "Of Course, We're Parents Bey. We Can't Be Doing Things Like This" I Said.