63

I Watched Blue Stomp Up The Stairs As My Head Shook Side To Side. "That Was Not The Same Daughter I Had Back In New York" I Complained.

Jay Sighed "I Mean It's A Lot For An Eight Year Old-"

"No She's Following Those Rich Snobby White Girls At Her Private School. This Is Not How I Raised Her To Be...Follow Other People. I Always Taught Her To Be A Leader" I Said Slowly Walking Back And Forth.

It Had Only Been A Month Since Moving To California And Already There Were So Many Issues Parlaying Into Our Lives. We Haven't Even Finished Moving Into The Nice Five Bedroom Home.

"I Know But Can You Blame Her?" Jay Asked.

"Are You Serious? Now You Acting Like Your White Co-Workers" Beyoncé Said.

"Whoa...We're Diverse And Secondly, Blue Never Wanted This, She Was Happy With The Life She Had In New York"

"She's Eight Years Old Shawn, She Doesn't Know What The Hell She Wants" I Snapped Back.

"Beyoncé What I'm Saying Is. We Took Our Daughter Out Of Her Normal Routine. She Was Going To A Nice Performing Arts School With Her Close Friends And Her Best Friend That She's Known Since Kindergarten To A New State, A New Private School That Has Probably About Ten Black Kids There. Into A New Big House And Away From Her Family"

"That Doesn't Give Her The Right To Act Like A Brat And Talk Any Kind Of Way Just Because Becky White Ass Does It To Her Parents I Am Furious. I Did Not Come Here To Loose My Daughter Shawn. From This Pregnancy To This House-" I Felt The Lump In My Throat Making Me Choke On My Own Words As I Began To Cry.

"Babe" Shawn Said Walking Over To Me To Wrap His Strong Arms Around My Body.

"This Is Too Much"

"Things Will Get Better Okay? It Just Takes Time" Shawn Said Softly.

I Wiped My Tears Looking Into His Eyes "It's Been A Month, Half Of Our New Shit Isn't Here. I Still Can't Find A Job. Blue Is Acting Up. This Baby Is Giving Me Problems"

"Come Sit, Put Your Feet Up Babe"

I Slowly Made My Way Over To The Couch Putting My Feet Up On One Of The Boxes.

"Uh" I Winced As I Felt The Baby Beginning To Kick The Shit Out Of Me.

"You Alright?"

"The Baby Is Just Kicking" I Said Softly Before Wiping The Rest Of My Tears.

"Baby?"

I Looked At Him "We're Going To Be Fine"

Before I Could Say Anything Blue Came Down The Stairs "Didn't I Tell You To Stay In Your Room Until I Get Up There?!" I Snapped.

Blue Looked At Her Father "But I'm Hungry, I Haven't Had My After School Snack Yet"

Jay Got Up "Come On Baby Girl" He Said As She Quickly Ran Up To Him Being Too Afraid To Get Close To Me.

"One Snack Then Back Upstairs" I Said Rolling My Eyes. She Always Knew How To Play The Victim To Jay Because He Couldn't Be The Mean Parent.

Blue Smiled As He Handed Her The Mini Sized Oreos "Thank You Daddy"

Jay Smiled Leaning Over To Kiss Her Cheek "Your Welcome"

"Uh Em" I Said Reminding Him That She Was Still In Trouble.

He Cleared His Throat Looking At Blue Eating On Her Snack. "Listen Princess We Have To Talk"

Blue Sighed "About What Happened?"