57

I Was Glad To Finally Be Able To Sit Down With Someone I've Loved All Of My Life. This Was A Woman That I Had To Help Raise. A Woman That I Ended Up Loosing That Didn't Deserve That Because She Was Crying Out For Someone...For Me And I Didn't Listen. But I Was Beginning To Find Myself, Work On My Problems And Realize The People That I Have Neglected. The People I've Done Wrong On So Many Levels That I Couldn't Even Count.

"Bangs?" I Heard Her Say Snapping Me Out Of My Thoughts.

I Shook My Head Side To Side "Figured I Would Do Something New...I'm Turning The Big Three Zero Soon"

"I Like It, It Fits You Actually" Solange Said Before Digging Into Her Cesar Salad.

"Why Thank You, Your Niece Says Other Wise" I Said Cutting My Steak.

"Oh My God, A Seven Year Old Telling You That Your Hair Is Ugly?" Solange Asked.

"Kids Say The Darnedest Things Right?" I Replied.

It Fell To Silence Before I Spoke Up "Solange, You Know Why I Wanted To Do This Lunch" I Said Softly Looking At Her While She Kept Her Head Down. Keeping A Close Eye On Her Salad. I Know She Didn't Want To Look At Me.

"I Thought I Was Ready To Talk But...I Just Can't" She Said Softly Feeling Defeated.

"I Mean Did Something Happen?" I Asked Curiously.

Solange Looked Up Meeting My Eyes "I've Just Been Through Some Things That's All But I'm Doing Better, I Promise" She Smiled Weakly.

I Shook My Head "Solange I've Known You All Your Life. You Can't Lie To Me"

"Well If I'm Not Comfortable Speaking To You About It Why Should I Be Forced To?" She Snapped.

"I Just Want To Help You Solange"

"Why After All Of These Years?!" She Spat. I Looked Around Seeing The Numerous Of People Looking At Us. "Calm Down, The Last Thing I Wanna Do Is Upset You Solo" I Said Softly Reaching To Grab Her Hand.

Solange Bit Down On Her Bottom Lip As Her Face Began To Change. I Seen The Water Begin To Fill In Her Eyes "Aw Solange" I Said Getting Up To Hug Her, Feeling Her Arms Around My Body.

"I'm Sorry...I'm Sorry" She Said. I Rubbed Her Back Trying To Comfort Her.

"It's Okay, Everything Will Be Okay"

Solange Removed Her Hands From Me To Wipe The Tears From Her Face. I Kneeled Down "I'm Always Here To Talk No Matter What, You Know That Right?" I Asked.

"I-...I Think I'm Ready To Talk" She Said Barely Looking Into My Eyes.

"Okay Take Your Time, Whenever Your Ready"

"Can We Talk In The Car? It's More Private There" She Said Looking Around The Outside Section Of The Restaurant.

"Of Course, Do You Want To Take Your Food To Go?"

"Nah, You Choose A Sucky Restaurant" Solange Said Making Us Both Laugh.

"Your Just Not Use To This Type Of Lifestyle"

"That's True, Too Fancy And Expensive" She Said While I Got The Waitress Attention. I Paid For Our Lunch Taking My Food Home Because I Know Blue Would Enjoy The Rest. The Girl Loves Any Food I Have.

We Got Into My Car And I Locked The Doors. Solange Looked At Me, Her Eyes Filled With Red. "Promise Me You Won't Get Mad?" She Asked.

"Come On Solange, Of Course I Won't...What's Going On" I Replied.

"There Was This Party And I Honestly Wasn't Feeling It But Daniel Kept Pressuring Me That We'll Have Fun And I Need To Get Out More. Being The Good Girlfriend I Was, I Did And We Got A Little Drunk And Smoked Some. Well It Started To Get Late And I Was Ready To Go But Daniel Was Only Making Me Change My Mind With His Kisses" Solange Eyes Began To Fill As The Tears Dropped Slowly Against Her Skin Like Rain Droplets Against A Window On A Rainy Day.