32

"You Have To Give Her Some Time, All Of This Is New" She Said As I Fiddled With My Fingers.

I Let Out A Sigh. I Didn't Want To Explain To Her What Had Changed My Life Years Ago, Neve Thinking That I Would Ever Tell Her.

"This Isn't New" I Said Softly Looking Up Into Her Eyes For The First Time In The Conversation.

"What You Mean?" She Asked, I Can See The Concern And Worry She Carried On Her Face.

"Junior Year Bey Got Pregnant With My Child And It Was One Of The Many Reasons Why Our Friendship Got Bad. I Wanted To Be There For My Child And She Didn't" I Said Softly, Scared To Even Look Her In The Eyes.

"Oh My God Jay, Why Didn't You Tell Me?" She Asked.

"I Was Scared, You Were Going To Kill Me"

"Did She Have An Abortion?" My Mother Asked Me.

I Nodded My Head "You Guys Were Kids. She Was Scared Out Of Her Mind Jay. Beyoncé Did What She Thought Was Best For Her And At The Moment All Of These Old Memories Are Coming Back" My Mother Explained.

"Your Not Mad?" I Asked Being Shocked By Her Response.

"Hell Yeah I'm Mad. But What Am Going To Do Now? Thirty Years Later?" She Replied Making Me Nod My Head Before Taking Up My Glass Of Juice. Sipping Some Of It.

"Don't Say Anything To Her Please" I Said.

"I Won't Baby, Everything Will Work Out Just Give Her Sometime"

I Let Out A Sigh Placing My Drink Back Down On The Coffee Table, I Came Down To My Moms To Drop Tyra Off So Her Mom Can Pick Her Up Later. But I Decided To Tell Her About What Bey And I Was Going Through And Hear Her Advice.

"I Will, Thanks" I Said.

"Your Welcome"

I Pulled The Box Out Of My Pocket And She Screamed "Let Me See Let Me See!" She Said Clapping Her Hands Out Of Excitement.

I Chuckled Handing Her The Black Velvet Box. I Watched Her Open It And She Smiled "This Is Beautiful Jay...She'll Love It" My Mama Said.

"For Real?"

"You Better Not Be Purposing No Time Soon"  She Said.

"No, But I Just Know This Is The Woman I Want For The Rest Of My Life. She Makes Me Happy...I've Been In Love With Her Since The First Day I Met Her Across The Street. In Her Marvel Cropped Shirt And Blue Jean Shorts With White Sneakers On. Her Hair Bone Straight Down Her Back" I Said Softly.

I Looked At My Mother As A Small Smile Spread Across Her Face "I Just Want You To Be Happy And I'm So Proud Of You Jay. Words Can't Even Describe How Proud I Am Of You" She Said Softly Making Me Smile.

"Thanks Ma"

"Let Me Take One More Good Look At This Ring Boy" She Said Taking It From My Hands Making Me Giggle.

"Grandma Can I Have A Snack Please?" Tyra Asked As She Came Out Of Jeremiah Old Room That My Mom Turned Into Her Room.

"Go Ahead, Apple Slices In The Fridge" She Said, Tyra Nodded Her Head Racing To The Kitchen.

My Mom Handed Me My Box While My Phone Rang "Oh This Angie" I Said Answering It Placing The Box Back In My Pocket While I Went To My Old Room.

"Hey What's Up?" I Heard Angie's Voice As My Phone Sat On My Ear.

"Uh Nothing, I Wanted To Check Up On Bey...See How She Was Doing"

"She's Cool, She Told Me What Happened"